11

Yeri's Point of View

I have been thinking for a while now. Too much thinking for telling V my feelings, which can pretty much be summed up in 3 words. But saying those 3 words could be pushy and I did not want that. Wendy was right. I can't have this one sided love anymore. It just how to tell V is the question. Its not an everyday thing for an 18 year old to be told that his younger is not his younger sister and that his younger sister loves him. Especially if that 'younger sister" is me. Its not normal on any level.

I was now standing outside V's room. Only a wooden door blocking me from seconds of a change life. I knock very lightly. No answer. I stood there for a few seconds, wondering why I was knocking since its not something I usually do. What I usually did was charge straight in, not giving V a hint of my entrance. And sometimes, if the timing is right, I would walk in while his was half way putting on his shirt, getting a brief snippet of his upper body. This time, though, when I walk in the timing was off terribly.

V was sitting on his desk with his back away from me, staring intently at his computer screen. He did not notice me come in. On his screen, was the picture of Wendy and him in the pose I offered that he turned in for photography class.

"Whatcha doing?" I asked behind him and V quickly flipped the laptop closed with a loud thud.

"Nothing much." He said, getting up from his chair to the bed.

"Well, I just want to know if you're going to homecoming this year? Its just that its your senior year, so I thought maybe this year you should try it. Make it different." I suggested.

"Actually, I did think about going this year." V replied and I had my hopes up. "This year it will be different. I am going to ask Wendy to come with me. You know, a friendly going."

"V, Wendy already has... never mind." I started, but stopped, thinking I am not in the place to say it. Wendy should do it since its her choice to let V know. I closed V's door walking out knowing very well that he wanted to know what I was going to say, but he did not push it. I wonder if he already knows or just sensed it.

Don't over think it Yeri. Its just a friendly going. Yeah, just a friendly going. I thought for one last time as I stood there outside his wooden door for one last moment. Only then did I realize that this door was not the only obstacle in my way. There was another behind it that I can't overcome without hurting and I can't hurt him.

A friendly going. I'll believe you for now. I will wait on the other side of the door. Don't take too long to open the door to your heart.

Next chapter will also be in Yeri's point of view.