17

Mark's Point of View

I woke up with a start, remembering that I was at Wendy's place. V's arms were around my waist, I turned a little, waking V up. At first he just stared at me and I stared back, then his eyes slowly lowered to where his arms were around my waist. V moved quickly making the distance between us not as close.

I got up to see that Wendy's bedroom's door was still closed, then I ushered V outside to talk.

"Let's talk." I said.

When were outside I said, "I don't care about you and Wendy's past, all I need to know is do you still love Wendy, not because of the past, but because of now. The old Wendy is different from the Wendy now, do you love the Wendy now?"

"Yes, I have and will always love her with my whole heart. I will always love her no matter how she will be in the future or how she was in the past. Why? Are you courting her too? Then its fair game." V challenged.

"You know I am Wendy's to be future husband? How will you make Wendy not obey her father's last will?" I asked.

V  did not answer, like he only just now learned of  Wendy's fate.

"I may say it like I am sure that Wendy will marry me, but sometimes when she is with you, I find myself helplessly doubting. Our families agreed not to force anyone, so the decision is ultimately Wendy's. Wendy's parents did not have a stable relationship, so before her dad died he wanted to make sure Wendy would not suffer the same fate as him."

V was quiet now like when someone learns of a death.

"Hyung, are you saying that you're giving Wendy up?" V finally asked after a moment of silence.

I nodded. "I have to go back to Korea after New Years to finish the preparation for my debut. I won't have enough time to sway her heart, anyways." I looked V in the eyes, "Take care of her while I'm gone, I mean it. Don't make her shed one tear.

V pulled me in for a bro hug. "Thank you, hyung. I promise I won't let Wendy shed one tear."

After that, we both went back in for more sleep since it was still early. V crashed once he hitted the blankets.  He looked sleep deprived these days, but now he slept peacefully. His mind must be at ease.

I laid there thinking.

Wendy's dad has done well. How am I gong to tell Wendy that I am leaving? Maybe New Years? Yeah, New Years. I'll take her to a restaurant downtown. She also wanted to go downtown. 

There will be at least 6 more chapters not including epilogue.