21

V's POV

I'm in my car right now . Imagining all the things I would not have imagined.

I didn't imagine Yeri would find that letter.

I didn't imagine to confess to Wendy in such a way as today.

I didn't imagine Wendy to me reject like this.

I didn't imagine Wendy to debut so soon.

And I definantly didn't imagine to make Wendy cry today. Or any other day.

Sorry, Mark hyung, I lied. I could not keep my promise to you. I promised to never make Wendy shed another tear, but right now she is crying not one tear, but a river of them.

I feel that today was the only day ever that Wendy ever told me her real honest thoughts. It's just a pity that it only happens when she's sad.

Wendy left an hour early. I wanted to follow her, but for once I wanted to listen her. The gaze her eyes gave was too much to for me. I drove back to Wendy's apartment, not at all sure if she would want me to stay any longer. But when I knock, no one answered, so I tried the door knob and it opened. Everything was at it was before I left except one thing. One thing that created emptiness in both my heart and in this room. I threw the door of Wendy's room open. Everything was folded neatly as if no one lived here for a long time. Her closet was open but all her clothes were gone. The truth was obvious. Wendy left too early and I came too late.

I saw the cake Wendy baked but only had a bite of. Beside it, written in Wendy's perfect handwriting was a note.

Take care.

Just two words for a guy that spent years with you at an orhpange. For a guy that forgotten you and put you in pain. I deserve less than two words.

I packed my things. Before leaving I remembered to take my toothbrush. Wendy's toothbrush was gone. Not next to mine. It reminded me of the times I spent with Wendy in the bathroom. I would intentionally brush my teeth while she washes her face just so I can see her pure face. And the hours we would spend just in the bathroom just talking. Those times are gone now.

It's about time things go back to normal. Wendy is gone now. I am going back to my home. The world is still spinning. If Wendy wanted things to end normally, then they will. I'll go on good terms with Yeri. But I will still call mom mom and dad dad.

Wendy you said that there are too many chances in life that you just can't catch them all. I'll let this chance pass, but the next one I'll be sure to catch it. I'll let our two worlds bump, but I won't let you slide from my hands again. I'll work hard on training and then debuting so I can meet your level in the music industry.

Just wait for me.