My Fighter [8]

[Please read the author's note at the bottom. 
Also, dedicated to enatasha23 for her patience with me.]

My Fighter [8]

Over the next few weeks my stomach swelled up, only to be hidden by large t-shirts. My dad said it was normal, that my mother was larger than I am at only two and a half months. Apparently my family has large babies, not something I wanted to know. I'm awake at night worrying about him or her coming out. It's going to hurt. I didn't think about that when I forgot to take my pills while on vacation. 

My feet are swollen, along with my fingers. All I seem to want are pickles and popcorn. Most days it's even at the same time, much to Colton's disgust. My jeans barely fit, so I wear leggings all the time, and I had to switch to the elastic black work pants. 

Colton's hand is planted on my stomach, the shirt rolled up under my breasts so there so there is nothing in the way. Dakota and Mar have squeezed themselves into the single chair. They have the large whiteboard in-between them, on their laps, and they're switching between the blue and pink markers. They're erasing names they don't like and writing their own. Except they're replacing them with names we would never consider like Frederick or Zachariah. Both of which are too long and wouldn't go well with our last name. 

While they're busy, I have a notepad and pen in my hand and I'm making a list of everything we'll need to get for the nursery we haven't yet painted. 

"We'll need diapers, clothes, baby wipes, baby powder, baby food, a changing table, a crib, a stroller-"

"We should wait until after the baby shower." My husband said, his fingers rubbing the skin above my belly button. "See what we get for free from our friends and family and then we can go buy the rest." 

I let my head rest on Colton's shoulder, "We still have to plan a baby shower. I completely forgot about a baby shower." I sit up and switch to a second piece of paper. I write the words Baby Shower at the top in capital letters. "We'll need balloons, as soon as we find out if it's a boy or a girl. Oh, Colton we could do a big reveal at the baby shower. We could open a box and pink or blue balloons could come out." 

"Sounds like a good idea baby." 

"We'll need a date, a time, and invitations. We'll need food and a place to hold it at. Damn it Colt, you're supposed to remind me of things like this." 

Colton turns me towards him and places his lips on mine to shut me up. "Stop stressing about it." 

"Especially because Mar and I have it covered. You have an appointment to find out the sex for the baby this weekend and we've got the party already planned. All we need to know is what color to stuff the box filled with and we'll be ready." 

"But-" 

"But nothing. Now sit back and relax." 

"I can't relax, we have so much we need to do." 

"We have five months to do it." he said, kissing my cheek and pulling me into his chest. "That's plenty of time." 

"We still need to go out and get a crib, maybe some toys. Should we get a new car?"

Colton chuckles. This isn't a funny topic, what is he laughing about? "We do not need a new car sweetheart. The range rover is safe enough and has plenty of room in the backseat for the baby.  It'll be okay Ellie, we have plenty of time to get everything we need for the baby." 

"I'd still feel better if we got at least some stuff for the baby."

"Fine, we can go to the store tomorrow and find a nice crib and some other stuff."