My Fighter [Epilogue Part 3]

Sixteen years later

"Mom, the house looks fine. Stop worrying and stop cleaning and go get dressed." Brooks said. Him and his two brothers tower over me now, as well as their father. Brooks' brown hair is grown out, way too long for me, but his girlfriend likes it. And, because Brooks grew his hair out, Addi did as well. I think he only did it because they like to switch places and go to each other's classes.

Brooks has always been good at math whereas Addi has not, but Addi has always been good in English. And since they both go to the same school, the University of Central Florida, they tend to switch and let the twin who's better at one subject go to the other twins class. They've been doing it since they were in sixth grade and finally got separated in school. I tried to get them to stop, but there's only so much I can do. It doesn't help that Colton's been encouraging it from the beginning. I'm just glad my twins are getting good grades.

"It's using their resources Ellie," my husband said to me all those years ago. "Why would we want our son to fail when his brother could help him out?"

I just rolled my eyes. It's a surprise they haven't been caught. Their classmates catch on but no one has ever ratted them out. In their sophomore yearbook, they're switched around. Not that it matters much, being as they're exactly identical. They think it's funny.

Xander still has his curly brown locks. They fall to his ears and frizz out in the Florida summers. He's got my eyes but my mothers eyesight. He's been in glasses since elementary school. My little girl on the other hand got blonde hair, Colton's mother's hair. Navy is still a daddy's girl, and always will be, but she's taken a liking to me as well.

"This place has to be spotless," I said. It's a rare time when all of my children are all in relationships at the same time and it's the first night we're meeting Navy's boyfriend. Colton's already gone out and bought himself a bb-gun, an air soft gun, and a paintball gun. If Colton's bad, I don't want to see how her brothers are going to react. "They're going to be here in under an hour."

Brooks and Addi both reach out for me, taking my hands in theirs. They lead me out of the kitchen and towards my bedroom. My boys are all dressed in suits with different color ties depending on what their girlfriends and boyfriends are wearing tonight. Ander has a simple black tie, Brooks has red, and Addi has on a blue one. All matching their dates.

I have yet to see Navy or my husband. They're probably together.

When we got pregnant with Navy, we had to expand the house. When we bought the house we only had three bedrooms. Now we've added on to the opposite side of the house. We now have six bedrooms, four bathrooms, and a game room. The game room became the spot where all sleepovers and parties were hosted. Mostly because it has french doors that lead right out to the pool.

The kids think it's a great place to sneak out of the house, but they learned early on that is not the case. There's a motion light right outside the door which goes off whenever the door is opened and/or someone walks passed. The light shines right into my bedroom. Since the kids were born, Colt and I have become the lightest sleepers. Any noise wakes us up. Another thing that kids learned real quick.

The twins were always trying to find different ways to sneak out of the house during their high school years. After a while, they stopped sneaking out and just told us that there was a party they wanted to go to. It was an easier situation for all of us.

As long as they called us if they were drinking or they stayed the night at the person's house, I didn't care. If I knew they were coming home, there would be a curfew, and I would wait up for them to make sure they got home safe. Even on the nights they didn't tell us they were going out, which was usually when they would sneak out to see their girlfriends, we always knew.