John

As Angel and I made our way out of the store Elijah stood to greet us. I couldn't bring myself to look him in the eyes. The thought of never seeing my family or friends again made it too hard for me even to look at him. No matter how hard I tried it was his fault I wouldn't be able to see them and I couldn't push it out of my mind. Silently we walked out of the mall towards the van. I hopped in quietly, not looking at anyone. I could feel that Angel felt bad, she was only trying to help and now I refused to talk. Elijah obviously felt awkward so he tried to break the silence.

"So uhm, why couldn't I come in?" Angel laughed and shook her head.

"It's obviously a secret! You'll find out at your birthday party." I looked up with a questioning look.

"Your birthday is soon?" Elijah shrugged,

"Yeah, this Saturday" I figured now was the time to ask the question that's been bothering me.

"How old will you be anyways?" He rubbed the back of his neck nervously and chuckled.

"Well... 174?" My jaw dropped. I knew he was old, but not that old.

"Oh uh wow" I could tell I had made him awkward so I dropped the whole topic all together. Soon enough we made it back to the house and we all awkwardly stepped out of the car. I had heard a crackling noise and looked up to see John coming out of the woods towards the house. He looked me into the eyes. His look was focused, and slightly terrifying, but I couldn't take my eyes away. We stared at each other for a few more moments before he went inside. That guy gave me the weirdest feeling.

Once we walked into the house I knew today was going to get worse. I looked around to see that the twins were standing very eerily in front of the stairs.

"Hello Carter" the first one said "welcome back" the other one followed.

"Boys..." Elijah growled grabbing my arm tightly. I looked up at him to see him glaring, with yellow eyes. I gasped lightly and looked back to see that the boys had dispersed.

"Jeez Elijah you're such a buzz kill" I heard Randy's voice announce. He was at the top of the stairs smirking down at me. I put my hand on top of Elijah's and looked down.

"Randy, watch yourself" Angel snapped. He shrugged and walked off to I assumed his room. I let out a deep sigh and walked upstairs to my room. I face planted into the crumpled comforter and groaned. I didn't want to deal with that day any longer. Soon enough I found myself in a dream land magic and good times.

***

I woke up silently and looked around to see that it was now dark outside. I stretched and groaned popping all the joints in my body. I went to the bathroom then downstairs to get a drink of water. I took a clean glass cup and filled it up at the sink. The water tasted heavenly to my dry mouth as I gulped it down. I set the cup next to the sink then leaned onto the counter. My life was just too weird any more.

"Carter..." I heard a light whisper call.

"Caaarteeeer..." it whispered out again. I looked around to see no one any where in the vicinity. I followed where the sound seemed to come from which was the front door.

"Carter..." it seemed to be coming from the other side. I opened it and looked around. No one. I walked around the house to see if someone had just ran off but couldn't find anyone or anything. I heard the voice once again which seemed to come from the forest. I tilted my head slightly and walked towards it. The voice was now calling my name over and over, giving me and easy trail to follow. Soon I came up to a large stump that seemed to had been there for ages.