Drama

I woke up easier than usual and looked out my window. John was gone and I assumed it was around 9 am. I put my tussled hair into a messy bun and pulled out a few strands to frame my face. I looked to my bed table and grabbed my phone. I turned it on and saw that it was indeed 9:16. I looked at my phone almost deviously. I wanted to call my parents. I wanted to call my friends. I wanted everyone to know that I was ok. I unlocked my phone and punched in my moms number. It rang once or twice before she answered.

"Hello?" She questioned sadly, she sounded like she'd been crying.

"Mommy?" I almost cried just being able to say that to her.

"Carter? My sweet Carter is that you?" I started bawling.

"Yeah momma it's me. I miss you." I could hear her crying on the other end as well.

"Where are you baby? We're all worried sick! You've been gone for 5 days! We thought you-" she cut herself off not being able to finish what she was saying.

"I'm ok mom. I'm with good people. I can't tell you where I am though I wish to God I could... I don't think... I don't know if I'll come home any time soon." I choked on the knot in my throat. The thought of never seeing her again killed me.

"Carter please come home. Your father is going to call the police and track you so-"

"No!" She paused seemingly appalled.

"Honey they can help!"

"Mom everyone will just get hurt... tell everyone I'm ok. I love you."

"I love you too please don't hang up!"

"Good bye mom" and with that I hung up. I curled up into a balled mess and cried. I cried for at least and hour, probably more. My mom tried to call me back multiple times and I just wanted to die.

Once I was composed enough to leave my room I headed out to the bathroom. Before I even got half way Elijah stopped me.

"What were you doing with John last night..." he almost growled out. I didn't look up.

"Carter!" He yelled. I flinched and balled my fists.

"Why won't you look at me?" He asked putting his finger under my chin and guiding my face up to where he could see it.

"What happened??" He asked concerned. I guessed I looked like I had been crying. I made sure to avoid any and all eye contact and shook my head off his finger.

"I called my mom..." I mumbled, "and I want to go home." I stormed past him to the bathroom and started crying once more. That's all I could do. I had no control over anything else. All I wanted was to go home. I couldn't keep up with my life and couldn't even control what I said or thought because someone might have been listening. After another half hour of crying I looked at myself in the mirror. My eyes were red and the bags under my eyes were purpler than ever. My once cute messy bun was now an actual mess and my whole face looked flushed. I was red all over. I splashed some water on my face and decided I would go back to my room.
I opened the door slowly and saw there was no one in the hall so I tip toed back to my room. I silently shut the door and turned around and almost jumped out of my skin. John was standing by window once more and turned to see my bright red, scared body glued to the door.