Lana

*1860 Bestford Virginia*

Alex's POV

Festivities were everywhere. The yearly pumpkin festival was in full swing and I was very drunk. The different ales and wines that had met my lips were now taking over my mind. The smells of sweat and blood from all of the people was so tantalizing, it was vampire heaven.

A blonde and a red head were connected to my hip as they drunkenly tried to kiss me. They'd get it later. I sat them down on a bench and straightened my blazer and buttons. The girls reached up for me as if I was the last glass of wine but I brushed them off. I didn't need petty women, I was practically a God!

A small frame bumped to my back followed by an adorable squeak. I turned to see a short girl with long red hair and cute freckles. She was wearing a pale yellow gown with a flimsy yellow hat to match. She looked up to me with bulging green eyes.

"I-I'm so sorry sir. I didn't mean to. I apologize." She folded her hands and bowed politely.

"That's alright darling, what's your name?" She looked up at me with flushed pink cheeks and shuffled a bit.

"Lana, Lana Stevens. May I ask your name?" She seemed rather nervous but she had a hidden boldness. I loved it.

"Alex Bianchi at your service." I lifted her frail hand to my lips leaving a small kiss. Her cheeks went from pink to a deep red causing a chuckle to rise from my chest.

"May I accompany you Ms Stevens? It seems you have a hard time with balance." She bit her lip and cringed slightly. I couldn't help but chuckle at her again, she was adorable. I couldn't get over these sudden feelings I was having for this strange girl and I wanted to be near her.

My hand slipped around her waist and pulled her towards me.

"Let's go shall we?" She nodded tenderly and followed my guiding nudge.

As our walk began she was rather awkward and easy going, but as we continued there was a change. She started to play games and poke me and become playful. It was very laughable to watch her try to get apples into milk jugs and throw rings onto ale bottles. She always seemed so concentrated and stuck her tongue out slightly. She even made fun of me a few times for drinking.

After the fair was ending I walked her to the exit.

"I had fun Ms Stevens" I smiled down at her and she shook her head.

"I told you to call me Lana silly, but I had fun too." Her gleaming smile was undeniably the most beautiful thing I had ever seen.

"Will I see you again?"

"Maybe"

"Soon I'm hoping"

"Maybe" I became slightly frustrated with her inability to want to see me again. She giggled and put one hand on my cheek.

"I'll be in town tomorrow, at the store, for at least an hour or two. I won't plan it but if we happen to meet there," she kissed my cheek gently, "then we'll see." And with that she took her hand off my face and trotted away. I ran my hand down my face and smiled. What a silly girl.