Not So Classy

"Be careful," Angel warned "its a pretty potent drink, and I'm pretty sure you've never drank before." I looked at the swirling purple in my glass and nodded.
I leaned against the couch and held the glass between my 2 hands, taking occasional sips, making small talk, laughing at Angel. I was enjoying myself really. Lyra and the twins were dancing together in a circle, candy was having a nice conversation with her mom, Randy was hitting on girls, everything was peaceful. As I looked around the room I saw a man about 6'0" with dirty blonde hair and a dirty smirk to match staring at me. Once he noticed that I noticed he pounded his drink and headed over to me. I turned to get Angel but she had been dragged away by John and was in the kitchen. I sighed and downed the rest of my drink, setting it on a near by table.

"Why hello gorgeous" the blonde chimed, leaning onto the couch with me.

"Hello." I tried my best to seem unfazed but my blush said otherwise. Damn my good blood flow.

"You here by yourself or is there a man I need to fight?" He questioned with a wink. I found his question degrading but flattering and I hated the conflict.

"I'm just here as a friend for Elijah" I somehow managed to pull smoothly off my lips. I saw a waiter come around with the drinks and took another of the shimmery drinks but this one was pink.

"So is there any way I could keep you company for the night?" I took a big gulp of my drink then giggled nervously.

"Well I'm here with my friend who will be back any minute, she probably would prefer I stayed with her." I topped the sentence off with a smile before I felt what was almost like a warm tingling sensation in my stomach followed by slight dizziness. I assumed I was getting buzzed.

"Oh I'm sure she won't mind, it's Angel right?" His voice came out and it sounded like sandpaper in my ears. I really didn't want to hang out with this guy. He was gorgeous and there was no denying it but his attitude seemed like I was just a girl he wanted. He seemed like the kind of guy who always got what he wanted.

"Oh uh-"

"Dylan how are you?" The most beautiful voice rang out. I turned to see Elijah coming up behind me. I couldn't hide my sigh of relief. Damn he was perfect.

"Oh Elijah! I'm doing excellent! Especially talking to this beautiful creature here. Where did you meet a girl like this?" Elijah's hand met the small of my back and if he was upset at all at Dylan, he wasn't showing it.

"It's a long story." He said with a deep chuckle.

"You wouldn't mind if I borrowed her would you?" Elijah asked making sure to be polite about it.

"Not at all birthday boy! Have fun! And I'll see you later" Dylan answered, making sure to wink at me as I was guided away.

"Are you alright? You seemed rather awkward with him." Elijah whispered. I looked up at him and nodded with a smile.

"You look good." I commented, giving him a kind look.

"Why thank you. You look absolutely stunning if I say so myself. Like... wow." We stopped so he could look at me again. At this point I was so red that no amount of make up could of covered it. His hand moved up to my cheek and pushed a few hairs away from my eyes. His look was so intense I was surprised I didn't crumple beneath it. Luckily Angel interrupted taking me by the hand.