Into the Town

Hello again! Narnia reference in a side note, and I don't know how to spell Astromech or whatever Chopper is, sorry. Oops.
This will be rushed, you have been warned.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hera and Kanan were quick to gather Zeb and Sabine in the commons room.

Hera addressed the group, "Sabine and I will check local history for any gang violence to see if they follow any pattern."
Hera looked at Sabine who nodded, "I'll get on it." She said before putting on her helmet.

"Zeb," Kanan spoke and Zeb looked up at him from where he was seated, "You and I will go into town, see if anyone saw anything."

"We'll find out who did this," Hera spoke.

'For Ezra,' Kanan thought, 'We'll find out who did this. For Ezra.' (And for Aslan)

Across the Ghost in the Medbay, Ezra stirred.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

While Kanan and Zeb worked on finding leads in Capital City, the girls of the crew (plus one Astromech) began doing research on the gangs of Lothal.

Five hours later and still nothing.

That was until Chopper rolled into the room, his electric arm flailing.

Chopper warbled and Hera shouted, "What?!" Before rushing out of the room, Sabine hot on her trail a second later.

They burst into the Medbay where Ezra was struggling to get out of the cot.

Hera and Sabine stood wide-eyed with mouths agape before Hera rushed forwards and embraced him in a hug, "You're alright." She breathed.

Ezra wiggled his way out of her hold, gripping Hera's shoulders with his hands, "Where's Kanan?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile in the midst of a bustling Capital City, the boys - minus Ezra and one irritating droid - weren't having any luck.

Needless to say they were chained to a pole in a dank basement under the busy streets of Lothal, where no one would hear their screams. Perfect.

They hadn't seen their captors for the three hours they'd been captive, but they heard them.

Heard them move.
Heard their breath.
Heard the snap of the whip.

And they prayed it wouldn't connect with their flesh again.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hera. Where is Kanan?" Ezra asked, his face serious.

Sabine stepped out of the doorway, "They're in town looking for leads on the people who hurt you."

Hera watched as the Ezra stood and the blood  drained from his face. Sabine and herself rushed to catch him, carefully placing him back on the cot where he fell asleep once more.

Hera walked out of the Medbay and the doors closed behind her. She pulled out her comm, "Specter one, come in."

No response, "Specter one. Come in."

Silence, "Specter one?" Hera lowered the comm from her lips and whispered, "Kanan..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kanan awoke to footsteps and the absence of one Garazeb Orellios.

He spit the blood out of his mouth, "What did you do to him?"

There was deep, almost filtered laughter; and it took Kanan a moment to realize it was a vocal modifier causing the change.

He looked up through his loose hair, but didn't see anyone.

A metal-tipped boot connected with his side under his rib cage and a gloved hand pulled his hair - and in turn his head - back.

He could feel the breath on his ear, "Give me one good reason why I shouldn't slit your throat right here, right now?"

"Because we have your men at gunpoint," a voice spoke from across the room and Chopper illuminated Hera and Sabine standing with Zeb beside a pile of tied-up gangsters.

The man growled, "Wrong answer."

Another wave of people came out of the dark, grabbing the remaining crew member and chaining them to the pole next to Kanan.

"Crush his light," The man spoke and one of the members destroyed Chopper's light, submerging them in darkness, "The girl's helmet. Mandalorian. Take it as well."

They removed the helmet, much to Sabine's protest.

Someone slapped her hard enough that her head connected with the cement ground, knocking her unconscious.

"Take the girl and the Twi-lek, they might be worth something... Kill the Lasat, he won't be worth anything. Filthy beast."

"And the human male?" Another voice spoke up.

"He'll remain alive... for now. See what he knows, by any means necessary... No one should know of us, he must have a source."

"And if he doesn't talk?"

"Kill them. Kill them all."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So this chapter never seemed to end, I'll just leave it here then.
Er... yeah. I'm doing my best to get it done.
Only a few more chapters. Maybe I'll write a sequel (if I do I'll finish it before posting).

Please let me know your thoughts in the comments!
I'd love to know if my style has noticeably changed at all.

Thanks, and PINEAPPLES!!!XP