23rd Door - Midnight

I REALLY LIKED WRITING THIS. IT'S JUST A PREPARATION COR TOMORROW'S GRANDE FINALE AND I AM SO EXXXCCITEDDDDD

Dan's POV

The clock was about half past two in the morning, when I was finally closing my laptop and making myself a nice cup of tea before I was going to go to bed.

I literally almost got jumpscared, when I walked to the kitchen and Phil was sitting there, in complete silence, with a cup of coffee in his hands.

He was staring at the glass kettle. The hit water and sugar had spilled all over the kitchen counter. As usual.

He had a small pile of papers in front of him. When I got closer, I noticed that they looked like bills or receipts or something.
He noticed me and stuffed all his papers to his suitcase that was also on the table.

I massaged his shoulders gently, but I didn't ask anything. He put his hand on top of mine.

"Do you love me?" he asked.

"What?" That came out of nowhere.

"Do you love me so much that you could spend the rest of your life with me?"

"Why are you asking this? Do you have something to tell about? Of course I will love you forever, you spork", I answered.

"Good", he simply said and put the suitcase on the floor.

I stared him. Was something wrong?

Phil, what's the matter?

"Want some tea? There is some in the kettle", Phil said sounding tired.

"Of course. Do you want something?"

"Could you make me a cup of coffee please?"

I nodded and walked over the counter. I put a capsule to the coffee maker.

I watched the coffee dropping slowly to the cup and wondered how he was like that. He didn't seem like something was wrong, more like he was really thinking about something.

I turned around with a teacup in the other hand an a coffee cup in the other. Phil had brought milk and a bottle of whiskey on the table.

I was really confused. Whiskey? What? I didn't ask anything, just gave him the cup. He took it, poured in a bit of whiskey and then started mixing the milk in there. I watched him pouring the milk in really carefully, as always. I had always found it really weird, because he surely wasn't afraid of making a mess but still he was always careful when it came to pouring milk in coffee.

"Why are you always so precise about the milk in your coffee?" I asked jokingly.

"You wanna know a secret?" Phil suddenly asked, ignoring me totally and pouring a bit more whiskey to his cup. 

"Yeah?" Was this a really good time for a confession?

"When we didn't live together, and when I missed you I...." he started and then he was quiet.

"You what?"

"...I always made my coffee the same colour as your eyes so I could just stirr it and miss you", he said quickly and stared at his coffee. "And now it is like a habit to me."

He was completely quiet. I sipped my tea slowly. His face was so serious. I just hoped that he hadn't gone any dark place at that moment, so I had to say something. Anything that would have drawn his attention back to me.

"What are you thinking, Phil?"

He raised his head and I swear I never ever get used to the feeling when he is looking into my eyes.

"I was just thinking of all the nights that I stayed up wishing that I could be with you", he said quietly.

"Oh Phil", I shook my head and smiled to him. "Let's go get some sleep. Come on, we will sleep in my bed tonight."

"I need to wake up early. I have something to do."

"Okay, but remember to not wake me up then", I joked.

I grabbed his hand and we walked to my room.