22nd Door - Shopping

THIS WAS BEING UNPUBLISHED WTH?

THREE MORE DAYS TO GO!! I FEEL SO HAPPY YET SO CONFUSED. WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO WITH MY LIFE AFTER THIS?

Dan's POV

"No Phil, we are not gonna buy more scented candles."

"Oh come on Dan! Just smell this! You're gonna love it", he assures.

It smells like caramels and cherry... just like 2009 Phil in the winter.

"Okay, well, maybe buy one for me too."

"I knew you would like it", he says and winks.

It's the 22nd day of December and I still don't know what I'll give him for christmas. All the websites were useless: they were full of plain crap, which is perfect for my relatives and friends, but not for Phil.

Today is practically my final chance to buy him a present. He has been so relaxed for a couple of weeks so I know for sure, that he's bought my present already.

Oh Dan. Why must you be such a procrastinator?

Phil had gone somewhere. Now would be my moment.

Just buy something, anything, Dan.

"Close your eyes!" a voice said behind me. I covered my eyes with my hands.

Phil pushed a coffee cup in front of my face. All my stress was gone in a second. How could he help my stress if he didn't even know about it?

"It's a Caramel Macchiato!! You can open your eyes now", he said.

"Thank you, bean." I took the cup and turned around.

"You looked like you needed it."

"I really do", I sighed. I sipped the drink. All the memories came back to me. I started to giggle. Phil raised an eyebrow to me.

"I'm sorry, but has this day just been a recreation of 2009? I mean, this is the same shopping centre, and these Caramel Macchiatos and that cherry scent and everything", I laughed.

He shook his head and smiled.

"I just like remembering the past, especially now when I'm gonna prop-"

He was gonna what?

"-I me-mean prepare us for the holidays", he corrected himself.

I gave him a weird look and he blushed.

"Oh come on Dan, what were you thinking?" Phil said.

That you were finally going to propose me?

BUT OF FUCKING COURSE IT WAS JUST A BRAIN FART.

WHY CAN'T WE JUST GET MARRIED?

"Nothing, I just have something to admit", I said.

"What?"

"I don't think I have anything for you this year", I sighed and stared at my toes.

"Oh bear, it doesn't matter", he said and hugged me and I nearly dropped my coffee on him.

I opened my eyes and finally recognized what they were selling in front of me.

Some really kinky sex shop. The front window was covered with some really kinky but pretty pictures.

Hey Phil, I know what I'm gonna buy you.