Chapter 8

The crowd was chanting our name.

"Divine 4! Divine 4!" They kept repeating.

This is what I loved most about what I did- having all these people who came for us. All these fans who supported us. This is what I was here for.

The beat started playing, loud vibrations filling the ground beneath me on stage. We were performing our new song, making it a surprise for our fans.

Then the chanting stopped. The fans looked taken aback.

I stopped to look at the other girls, who looked just as confused as I did. Then suddenly came the unhappy cheers from the fans beneath us.

"Booo! We want the old Divine 4 back!"

The music went on but we had stopped performing. My stomach twisted. They hated us.

I shot up from my bed.

Oh thank God it was just a nightmare. I hated dreams that felt so real. And that night, I couldn't go back to sleep after worrying about whether that could become reality after actually performing our new song.

So the first thing I did next morning at the studio was tell Alison that it was over.

"Not possible." Alison uttered. "I have already booked your next performance and your music video release."

"We'll just apologize to our fans, I'm sure they'll understand. I just don't think the girls and I should head down this path anymore." I said in return. But I felt like convincing Alison was impossible.

"Well it's a little too late for that, don't you think?"

"But Alison-"

"No Melissa. I won't let a little worry of yours ruin all your careers. Now my decision is final, so you either agree with it or not. Either ways you will be performing that damn song." And with that, she walked out the room.

I was fuming with anger. Usually I would grab a pillow and scream into it, but since I wasn't home, I just grabbed the first thing I could find, just a notebook, and tore it apart letting out a groan. This was so unfair.

"Uh... you aight?"

I turned my head to the door. Oh great, to make things even better Eminem was there, looking at me like I was some freak. I straightened myself up. "Did you see all that?" I asked, embarrassedly.

"Hey, you were the one spyin' on me first." He said, referring to last night. He was in a light blue t-shirt this time, which really complemented his eyes. My heart sank. Did he have to look so good? "But damn, I sure wouldn't wanna mess with you." He added, looking down at the ripped up notebook on the floor.

I let out a laugh. "I'm sorry you had to see that."

"Nah it's cool..." he grinned, stepping in.

"It's just... my manager can really get on my nerves." I guess I said it a little too angrily cause Em stepped back acting like he was afraid.

I laughed again. "But hey, you don't have anything to worry about. Now why were you spying on me?" I asked, playfully.

"Just wanted to ask if you had any plans tonight."