Chapter 19

I was laughing so hard, I was in tears. "Wait so you..." I continued, trying to stop myself. "You dated a girl who was so obsessed with you that you found out she wore underwear with your face on it when you first..." I continued, then began chuckling again.

Em was watching me right beside me on the couch, with a half grin on his face. "It ain't that funny, I don't know why you're fuckin' dyin' over there."

"I'm sorry." I added, trying to get it together. "It's just so funny." I said, picturing it.

We were in his huge living room, and I had a glass of rum and coke in my hand while he held a beer. When I first came in, he offered me a drink and next thing we knew, we had been talking for a long while.

He let out a chuckle himself. "Damn Mel It's almost midnight and you got me sittin' here fuckin tellin you stories about my life the whole time."
I looked at him, with a grin. I just couldn't get that stupid smile off my face. I didn't know about him, but I was having so much fun listening to his little stories.

"Do you know how a booty call works?" He added, with his playful smile.

"Well I know you usually get me drunk first." I joked, my gaze diverting from his eyes. He was in a light grey hoodie with a tank top underneath. Meanwhile, I was still in my fancy red dress, which by the way, he couldn't stop eyeing.

"So you finally gave up your act and got your ass over here." He said, a moment later, his voice low. Right- when I told him I didn't want to fool around with him anymore, since I felt myself catching feelings? That was probably the smart thing to do, yet here I was.

"I knew you couldn't stay away." He mumbled, leaning in closer.

I narrowed my eyes. It was hard to focus, as I was slowly starting to see two of him. "I wasn't acting..." I began. "You were the one pretending like you don't like me."

"I don't." He looked at me with his mischievous grin. "Wait I haven't made it clear what I really want?" He was eyeing me up and down, leaning in even closer, leading my heart to pound in my chest.

I tried to ignore it and immediately changed the subject without thinking twice. "Well if you listened to our new song, you would know..." I stopped myself from continuing any further.

He winced, and suddenly he had a really curious expression on his face. "Know what?" He leaned back to get a full glimpse of my face.

I kept my lips shut as I looked down to my glass. "Nothing." Even at that state, I knew telling him about the motives behind my new song was too much.

"Why you blushin?" He said to intentionally make me blush even more.

"Maybe you inspired something, who knows?" I finally blurted.

He looked cocky. "I did huh?"

"And the girls say you're a distraction." I rolled my eyes.

He looked even more interested. I knew I had to shut up, but obviously I couldn't stop talking when I was drunk.

"Your friends get on my fuckin' nerves." He shook his head. "I wonder what they would've said after hearin your voice on my new single comin out tomorrow." He said, looking down.

"Superman?" I asked, remembering how excited and nervous I felt to be doing a song with him. If the girls heard that, they would for sure kill me for going behind their back. Ah, I guess it was fun while it lasted. "So who's replacing me?"

"Dina."

I pressed my lips together, trying not to laugh. He realized and shook his head.

"I know. Even though she's great..." his eyes met mine, which made me incapable of breathing again. "She ain't you."