Chapter 31

"Girls, the limo is outside!" Alison yelled, near the front door of our appartment.

Our hair and makeup team had been hard at work since the morning, getting each of us ready for our album release party that evening. They had just finished, leaving us to dress into our outfits for the night. I had on smokey grey eyeshadow paired with nude glossy lips. I was wearing a silver sparkly crop-top and a fitted black skirt, with my long dark hair straightened.

Since we were supposed to be coordinating, the other girls wore something silver as well. I hadn't paid much attention to them, though, as I mostly spoke with our hair and makeup team instead. After a few weeks of being completely distant from the girls, I had gotten used to pretending they weren't around. And now that I was... dating Marshall, I felt much happier recently. Things were brighter.

I glanced at myself in my mirror, realizing I was smiling just thinking about him. Me and Eminem... I kept thinking, trying to believe it. Who would have thought that out of all these girls, he would even like me? I laughed to myself, thinking of all the fans who would be wishing to be in my place. The amazing part was that he was just as down-to-earth and adorable as he was in interviews- no matter what, he was truly himself. Something I really admired...

Snap out of it. Came the voice in my head. Of course the angel on my shoulder had to remind me not to fall in love too quickly.

Before leaving downstairs to get into our limo, I noticed Kylie's phone on the kitchen counter. And before I'm accused for snooping- the only reason I spotted it was because I saw the words "Teen Mag" light up on the screen. I immediately wondered what she was texting the popular gossip magazine.

Quickly and sneakily, I picked up her phone to check her messages. Scrolling up to see what she'd written, my heart dropped to my knees.

I hear she's pregnant.

How could she say this? The awful messages continued.

She cheated on JT with Eminem.

She secretly loves Eminem.

She lip-syncs live.

I put the phone back on the counter where it was, feeling tears form in the back of my eyes. It all started to make sense- she was the one spreading those rumours. I felt my skin grow hot from how furious I was. As much as I wanted to confront her- the unfortunate truth was that no one was on my side. And I needed to keep my career.

Even though it was extremely difficult, I acted as if nothing had happened for the rest of the night. On the way to the venue while the girls were busy talking about how excited they were, I stared out the window, trying to make sense of everything. All I knew was that Kylie was out to ruin my career.

When we got to the venue, I curved the questions reporters had at the entrance, even though most of their questions were for me. Even inside, as hundreds of people came to greet to me, I could only hear their lips move, but no words come out.

I knew I had to snap out of the numb feeling I had.

The venue was decorated with red and white balloons to match our album cover. Tons of copies of our album were on the tables, with food and drinks that also matched our angelic/devilish album theme. Many people, including other artists like Alicia Keys were there to celebrate with us, except the most important person to me was missing. We were supposed to sing a few of our songs later on the stage, which was meant to be exciting, but it no longer felt that way.

"Congrats, cutie." Came Paris Hilton's voice from behind me. I hadn't realized that Alison had invited her.

"Thanks." I said, a little loud since our music was blasting on the speakers. Buttons was now on, making me remember how things were so different back when we released that song.