Ch. 13

Kallie's POV

I woke up from sleeping and immediately noticed that Niall wasn't in here with me. I got off the bed and walked around the house, finding that he was in the shower. I checked the time and saw I had been asleep for about an hour and a half. I decided to grab a few things from my house to pass the time.

I quickly fixed my outfit and walked out the front door, immediately feeling the heat on my skin. I walked the short distance between our houses, and pulled our spare key from the bird house where we keep it. I unlocked the door and pushed through it, noticing immediately that something was off about the house immediately. I decided that I should probably follow Paul's instructions and stay with Niall, so I would go back later with Niall. As I went to close the door again I heard something move around inside the house and I opened the the door again.

Standing behind the door, only a few feet away, was a man who was around 6'4" and had a smirk over his lips. He had one of his hands in his pocket and one behind his back, he started pulling his hand from behind him. At first I couldn't tell what the object was, then- shit, it was a knife.

I turned on my heel and sprinted off the porch, glad that my mom had made me take track for all those years. i could tell that he was following close behind me, so i sped up to my full speed. I went farther and made it to the front door of Niall's house and clumsily grabbed the nob and turning it. I looked behind me as i pushed open the heavy door, he was only a few feet behind me. I opened the door and practically fell through the doorway, I turned and closed the door right on time. The unknown man crashed heavily into the outside of the door as I turned the lock.

"Kallie?" Niall asked sounding worried. He walked, shirtless, into the living room and took in my panting state. He walked over to me and put his arms around my waist. "Where did you go?" He kissed the top of my head and released me enough so I could see his eyes.

I was still panting so it made talking a little difficult. "I went home" I had a little coughing fit and paused. "There was a man in there and-" another coughing fit, this one lasted longer. "He...Knife.. Chase... Outside.." I choked out. Niall hugged me tighter and I my head into the crook of his neck.

"It's okay I got you, don't cry." I hadn't realized I was crying until he pointed it out. I wiped under my eyes and sniffled a little.

"C'mon lets go lay down." Niall said and walked me back to the bedroom. We laid down on the bed and he pulled me into his chest and I cuddled into his bare chest. I wasn't tired, due to my nap prior to the crazy killer dude chasing me, so I just absentmindedly drew imaginary lines over his chest and stomach.

We stayed this way for about ten minutes before I spoke up. "Niall? Can I tell you something?"

"Sure, baby" We both sat up.

"You know when we were at the school and I left to call someone?" I asked, staring him in the eyes. He nodded and I continued to tell him. "Well, I was calling my dad. But it wasn't my dad who answered, it was Paul telling me that my dad had been kidnapped. He said that I should stay with you all the time." Niall's eyes were wide but he was nodding in understanding, silently telling me to continue. "Anyway, earlier, when I left, I went over to my house. It was only a little ways away so I figured I would be fine. When I opened the door I knew something was off a bout the house so I went to leave, but there was a guy in there. He chased me back here with a knife, that's why I came in panting." Niall wrapped his arm around me and pulled me closer to him.

"It's okay, love. I've got you." Niall whispered. I hadn't noticed I started crying until then, I wiped at my eyes and put my head into the crook of his neck. He wrapped his arms tighter around my body and I put my arms around him too. Eventually we laid back down again, our arms still around each other.

"Kallie, can I tell you something?" Niall asked. I nodded. "Okay, so since you've told me stuff about you past and stuff that's going on now, too. And you know nothing about my life before three years ago, I decided I want to tell you about my past and when I was younger."

___________

Muahahaha, I feel evil:) I really love leaving the chapters on cliffhangers that no one knows. What do you think of this chapter? What do you think Niall will tell her?

Okay, so I have a few things to say during this A/N. 1. What does everyone think of the new cover? 2. To Liz: I am an idiot, I had the whole chapter there I just was confused:) 3. I was thinking about doing chapter questions, like ask you a question at the end of each chapter. 4. (More of an announcement) I might update again today, if I am able to finish the next chapter.

Question: What is your favorite song(s)? (I need a new playlist of songs to listen to as I write:))

My favorites are Little Things~ One Direction, Happily(Acoustic)~ One Direction, This Boy is a Bottom~ Willam Belli

ILY All<3

~H.