Damon

Writer: HBTanner4

Damon

//Imagine: He's compelled to tell you he doesn't love you.//

"Here's the thing, friend." Klaus said, pouring himself a drink at the Grille. "I can't take the chance of you coming after my daughter." Damon scoffed and took another sip of his bourbon.

"Why would I ever hurt your little girl, Klaus?" Damon said with his infamous smirk. Klaus's grip tightened on his glass.

"There are... certain forces that would love to have the daughter of the original hybrid in their clutches." He downed his drink,"I can't be sure that you wouldn't use that to your advantage." Damon turned to face the hybrid.

"And what are you going to do about that?"

"How's your girlfriend, (Y/N) is it?" Damon stiffened, and the next thing he knew he was holding Klaus by the throat, slamming his head into the bartop. Damon waited for the screams of other bystanders in the Grille, but they never came. Klaus kicked Damon's feet out from under him, and pinned him to the table.

"I compelled them all, they won't remember a thing." Klaus sneered,"Now I can't kill you, because then I'll face the rage of your brother for centuries to come. He leaned a little closer as Damon struggled against the Original's grip."I can however, make you want to die."

Damon thought of you through it all, the compulsion. He kept a clear picture in his mind of you, what your lips felt like, when he would pretend to be asleep because he knew you were watching, but he mostly thought about he loved you. He never told you that.

Damon sped to your front door and pounded his fists on the door. You answered almost immediately.

"Damon?" You asked, cocking your head to the side.

"You will speed to her..."

"We need to talk." Damon said, his face blank.

"You will show no emotion, no remorse."

"I can't do this anymore, I can't afford to protect you." You looked at him in disbelief.

"What the hell are you talking about?" You asked taking another step toward him. He pushed you back into your doorway, resisting the compulsion as best he could, because he knew what he had to do next.

"Then, you'll tell her you don't love her."

"I don't love you, (Y/N)! I never did!" Damon shouted. You took a step toward him, out of the safety of your doorway.

"You don't mean that." You whispered, his face blurred with tears. He grabbed you by your shoulders, the internal battle to fight the compulsion becoming too much. Veins creeped out from under his eyes and he bared his fangs. You looked at him in shock, trying to fight out of his iron grip.

"Then..."

Damon sunk his fangs into your neck. You're feeble attempts at escape became slower. You became limp in his arms, your heart barely beating anymore. Damon dropped you to the ground, and licked his lips free of blood.

"You'll bite her."

*

"He bit you?" Bonnie whispered. Luckily, Stefan had found you on the front porch after he got a call from Damon. Bonnie wasn't having it, she knew her best friend, Damon loved you,

"Did you ever invite him in?" Bonnie asked. You shook your head.

"I never had a reason to. We were always here." You gestured around the boarding house.

"Did he... try to protect you? Did he try to keep you inside?"

"He pushed me in right before he bit me." You whispered.

Bonnie shot out of her chair and started setting up a tracking spell.

"He was compelled! It all makes sense now!" She cheered. You stood with her, rolling out the map of Mystic Falls.

"I thought only an Original could compel a vampire?" You asked, putting random office supplies on the corners of the map.

"They can," Bonnie said, reaching for a vile on the cupboard. A vile of Klaus's blood. "Which is why I need to see if a certain Original is hiding here, to prove my theory." She put a drop of blood on the map and started to chant. The blood moved until it reached a little dot that marked the Grille.

"He's here." Bonnie growled.

"I don't understand, why would this benefit Klaus?" You asked.

"He sees Damon as some kind of threat." Bonnie said,"But, why didn't Klaus just kill him?"

"Because he knew that there would be a ripper after him for the rest of forever." Stefan chimed in from the back of the room. Bonnie's mind traveled to a conversation she had with Damon.

Damon slammed his hands on the table top. They had been stuck in the prison world for a couple of weeks now, and he was getting anxious.

"What did that poor table to to you?" Bonnie asked as she slid a coffee cup over to him. He just sighed and ran his hands through his hair.

"I can't stand it here Bon." He said. "I can't leave her alone.

"(Y/N) is perfectly capable of handling herself." Bonnie replied. "Right now we need to focus on getting out of here alive."

"It's not worth living without her."

"Oh my god." Bonnie whispered. Taking a step back from the table. You put your hand on her shoulder.

"Bon, what's wrong?"

"He's going to kill himself."

*
You slammed the door of the car and ran towards the figure standing at the edge of the Wickery Bridge.

"Damon stop!" You shouted. Damon turned to you, his hand still on his daylight ring.

"(Y/N)?"

"I know you were compelled! Please don't do this!" You cried, reaching your hand out toward him. His grip the daylight ring tightened.

"Even if you knew, I bit you (Y/N). You would never look at me the same after that."

You saw a tear roll down his cheek as he started to slide the daylight run off his finger.

"If you do this I'll never get to tell you I love you!" You shouted. He stopped then, and turned to face you fully. You blinked and suddenly you were wrapped in his arms. You threw your arms around him as you felt his shoulders shake.

"I'm so sorry." He cried, his voice choked. You tightened his hold on you.

"I forgive you." You whispered.

"I love you, (Y/N)." He said into your hair, for the first time.

"I love you too."