08

Amelia's face was stern as she approached the desk in Negan's room

Amelia's face was stern as she approached the desk in Negan's room. He was going over random papers, checking stock, she assumed. Negan looked up after a few minutes, pulling his glasses off and smirking up at her. His throat let out a rumble of a chuckle, placing an arm of the glasses on his lips as his eyes scanned over her determined look.

"Well, look what the cat dragged in." He joked. Amelia's lips turned up into a smug smirk as she crossed her arms.

"We need to talk." She said directly. This took Negan by surprise.

"Alright." He shrugged. "What'd'ya need to talk to me about."

"I want to become a savior."

These words rang in Negan's ears, almost too willing to be true. She was testing him, surely. He knew girls like Amelia, he knew there had to be more convincing than one night in a cozy bed. Negan narrowed his eyes.

"Get out of my office, flower. I have things I need to get done." He looked back at his papers, scribbling something down on a note card. Amelia watched him, waiting for something else to happen. Instead, she placed a hand on his desk, leaning against the crisp wood.

"There are things you don't know about me." She traced a wandering finger across the edges if the desk, trying to make her face appear as innocent as possible. "There are things that I want that you have." Negan was intrigued now, placing his focus on the girl.

"What game are you playing at, princess?" He sat his glasses down, folding his hands and leaning back in his chair. Amelia shrugged.

"No game. Only ambition." She told him. "This world is a cold place. I've tried to keep my humanity, my innocence. But I've failed. I killed two men yesterday, and I tried to kill you. I see now that I can't keep trying to live like I did before."

Negan's eyes trailed up the girl's arm, soaking in the sight of her leading him on if only in the slightest. There was something sexy about her innocence, and how she used it to get something she wanted. Amelia was good at swaying opinions. Negan made special note of this talent in his head. A smiled spread upon his lips.

"What made you come to that realization?" He asked. Amelia's green eyes flickered up at his, a small fire burning in her pupils.

"Power." She said just above a whisper. Her intentions sent a strange feeling up Negan's back. She was almost scary.

Almost.

But he knew she couldn't hurt him even if she tried. Amelia was nearly half his size, but Negan knew she had the balls to try something. He was sure of it when she first jumped out of the truck, guns blazing. Now she was being different. Negan felt like it was some sort of test, like he had to pick the right response or Amelia would do something rash. He thought for a moment, his smirk never leaving his face. Negan couldn't let her know he wasn't sure what to say.

"There's something about power. It pulls people to you, yet scares the living shit out of them. I want that. I've spent too long being looked at as just a little girl, just Maggie's little sister. It's like they think just because everyone else in our lives has died, we don't know how to live. And I guess a part of that is true, but that's why I'm coming to you. I want to change. I want to evolve. I see the fear people have when they look at you. There's respect. Your men know not to get in your way. I want that too." Negan waited a few moments before speaking.

"So what are you saying, girl?"

"I want to be one of your wives. Whatever I have to do to see how I become stronger." Amelia could slip the fib right through her teeth as if it were nothing. Although there were slivers of truth in her monologue, most of it was a lie. She wanted respect yes, but not the terrified faces of women and children staring at her as she passed. This was her key in.

"You're joking?" Negan hooted in laughter, smirking at the girl. "You are one mighty fine comedian there, flower." He commented, shaking his head. "And you're too young to be a wife."

"And you're too old to be looking at me like that, yet here we are." Amelia crossed her arms, quirking an eyebrow. Negan chuckled, trying to figure out the girl's thoughts. They were in silence for what felt like hours, simply battling a fight of dominance with their eyes. Tension was growing, and Amelia was determined to win. She was going to weasel her way into the Savior's lives and tear everything apart. They destroyed life as she knew it. Amelia was going to take everything away from them.

"You are a very beautiful girl." Negan admitted, rubbing the back of his neck. He stood up, walking over and checking the girl out. She kept her back straight and eyes on the man as he approached."I'm sure we can find a way to make this work." He added. He looked down at Amelia, smirking as he did so. "I guess we should formally introduce each other then."

"Hi. I'm Amelia Greene." The girl held the eye contact as she reached out her hand to shake. Negan was amused by her demeanor. He grabbed her hand too, his grip sending waves of electricity into Amelia's arm as she suddenly realized how strong he was, and how cocky she had been. She suddenly felt intimidated.

"Hi. I'm Negan."