11

Amelia's eyes opened slowly as she felt the light from the window tickle her lashes

Amelia's eyes opened slowly as she felt the light from the window tickle her lashes. With a groggy yawn, the girl sat up, scratching her head. Her stomach was still fluttering from the previous night. Although nothing notable happened from the encounter with Negan, Amelia still felt funny. This was all new to her, the contradicting feelings battling in her brain. Amelia hated Negan more than anything, but she also knew he was taking her under his wing. He had set her under some sort of protective cloud, claiming her as his property. Although Amelia wasn't sure about the idea of being claimed, a part of her was almost satisfied with that fact. Negan wanted her.

With sleepy motions, Amelia slipped out from under the covers as she walked over to the large wardrobe in the corner. Another perk of being at the Sanctuary was the abundance of pampering items. Although things at Alexandria were fantastic, this was some sort of luxury. Amelia was bathing in it.

Taking a few of the clothing items within her arms, she stripped herself of the pajamas and quickly put on the fresh clothes. Amelia pulled on her boots before opening the door to her room and trotting down the hall. She came to the fork which lead to either the common rooms on the right, or the suites on the left. Amelia stood between the linking hallways, wanting to go towards the dining hall where breakfast was being served. But before she could head anywhere, something started itching inside her, almost asking if she was sure that's where she wanted to go. Amelia waited, furrowing her eyebrows. The imaginary voice then suggested she go to Negan's room to see what he was doing. This nearly caused the girl to gawk.

What the hell was going on with her? Amelia chewed at the inside of her cheek, not sure exactly what she wanted to do. Eventually, after convincing herself she could wait a few minutes before breakfast, she headed down the left hall in search of Negan's room.

Slowly raising her hand to knock on the door, Amelia shook her head to herself before just blatantly opening the door.

"What the hell did I say about not knocking first, Simon? I swear--" Negan turned around, ready to punch one of his men in the face, but instead, his gaze softened slightly. "Oh. It's you." Negan's demeanor seemed slightly different than his usual swagger. He was tired looking and calm.

"I came to see how you were doing. I got bored, and the door wasn't locked." Amelia shrugged, casually leaning against a glossy table near the wall. She knew it was a risky move doing that, noting from before how Negan was keen at picking up tinges of dominance in movements. He wasn't insanely fond of Amelia's actions in trying to be the top-dog.

"You seem a little more confident than yesterday. If I do recall, you were a fidgeting mess last night. A blushing mess, might I add." Negan took a few steps towards the girl, his hair unkempt, a few strands hanging over his forehead. Amelia only rolled her eyes.