13

Amelia was determined

Amelia was determined. Well, she was pissed, but also determined. She was going back to Alexandria to protect all she had left from whatever the hell Negan was dealing with.

As soon as the girl had jumped onto one of the rear trailers, she hid behind a crate just as she had done before in getting into the sanctuary. Amelia ducked her head below the wood, breaths rushed and quiet as she peered out and watched men approach the truck.

"Deep breaths, it'll be okay." Amelia told herself, clutching her weapons until her knuckles turned white. The girl felt her body relax when the men went around the side of the vehicle and got in the driver and passenger seats.

Amelia closed her eyes and thought of the ticking of her old clock in attempts to regain her composure.

--

The sun was hot on Shane's neck. It had only just struck noon, and the heat of Georgia was beginning to set in on the farm.

Carl and Beth were out by the garden, looking at the different types of squash to keep from falling to boredom. Rick was standing guard on the porch, and Daryl was patrolling the edges of field for any sign of danger. Hershel and Maggie were sitting under the shade of a small apple tree sipping lemonade, and Glenn and Amelia were playing cards in the kitchen.

Shane took off his cap and ran a casual hand over his head, making his was into the house. Rick gave him a curt nod as he sighed a breath of relief at the fresh air the fan waved in his direction. He mosied into the kitchen, placing his hands on his hips. Glenn and Amelia looked up, still laughing slightly at something dumb they were joking about.