09

Amelia's eyes were fixed on one thing--

Daryl.

Negan was announcing something to the saviors, and he brought Amelia along as a start to her "training." She stood behind the bars, stealing glances at her friends through her eyelashes.

Their surroundings were quiet, a breeze blowing just soft enough to bring Amelia's hair across and tickle her cheek. Daryl remained silent as the two crept along the road in silence. Alexandria was in need of more medicines, and even though Maggie forbid Amelia from going, she snuck out and tagged along anyway.

Daryl, at first, had sent her back with a growl, but he then realized she wasn't budging. Finally caving in at the fact he knew he couldn't get Amelia to turn around without physical force, he warned her to keep her mouth shut and move along.

The two made their way into a nearby town's general store, keeping an eye out for walkers. Amelia wandered down one end of the store, Daryl on the other. They grabbed various things that seemed worth keeping and peered around for the sleep aids Sasha had asked for.

While Amelia was reading the label of children's vitamins, she heard a vague growling sound. When she turned to see what it was, a walker had leapt onto her, clawing at the girl's face. Amelia's breath caught in her throat as she struggled to pull out her knife.