17

Negan's smirk hadn't faltered in the time it took Amelia to walk the few yards towards the cluster of people in the center of town

Negan's smirk hadn't faltered in the time it took Amelia to walk the few yards towards the cluster of people in the center of town. Her gun was locked and loaded, aimed at Negan the entire time. Maggie's throat tightened as she fought back tears in relief of her sister's status-- she was alive.

"You finally decided to join us?" The man dropped Lucille, resting his hands casually on his hips. Amelia was fighting her tears with an angered snarl, a certain heat arising in her stomach like a fire igniting in a dead forest.

"What the fuck did you do?" She pressed the gun to the front of Negan's forehead, stomach heaving in confused emotions. The man smiled deviously.

"I did what I had to do, princess. I always do, you know that." He told her.

"Give me one good reason why I shouldn't kill you right now." She snapped.

"Because you have seven other guns aimed at your back right now." Amelia's breathing was still heavy in her nose. It took a moment for her to regain her composure.

"I don't care." She still held on tight to the gun, index pressed against the trigger.

"I'm sure your big sister does."

This caused Amelia to freeze. She felt her muscles tighten in an instant, a sudden wave of emotions taking over her body. White noise took over the sounds of apocalyptic nature, and it was like she could hear Maggie's heartbeat. She could feel her sister's eyes burning holes into the back of her head, a silent pleading not to do whatever it was she was trying to.

Amelia returned her focus to Negan's forehead, deciding she was going to kill him anyway. She squeezed her eyes shut for a moment, trying to shake the opposing thoughts from her head, but something couldn't be pushed away.

She would be abandoning Maggie.

Amelia looked at Negan's eyes for a moment. He smiled when he saw she wasn't going to pull the trigger. He knew she wouldn't. And so she didn't.

Amelia unloaded the gun and let it drop to her side. She turned to face her sister, heart breaking when she saw the fear in her eyes. Completely ignoring the current predicament, Amelia jogged over to Maggie and wrapped her arms tight around her neck. Her eyes shut as she stood in her sister's embrace, trying to ensure that she would never leave Maggie behind.

The pregnant woman clasped onto the back of Amelia's shirt, burying her face in her sister's shoulder. She was scared. She would never stop being scared. It was like Maggie had been holding onto a porcelain doll, and it had nearly slipped from her grasp. But they were together again. They had each other.

"Well, I hate t'interrupt this moment for y'all here, but I do have things to get to. So if you'd be so kind as to excuse us--" Negan gave a curt nod before grabbing Lucille off the ground. Dwight and another man grabbed Amelia roughly by the shoulders, yanking her away from Maggie.

Amelia squirmed, trying to shake their grip. Her scowl seemed focused on Negan's body, every fiber in her being wanting to tear him apart. He smiled brightly at her, chuckling lowly.

"You, little girl, are in some deep shit." He said. Negan walked over to her, taking her from his men. His hand was clamped around her arm, sending a tight feeling up her limb. Amelia winced. "We're leaving."

The Alexandrian's could do nothing but watch as the saviors left. Amelia shot a few glances over her shoulder every few feet. Maggie could feel her chest heave as another panic attack began to envelop her. Slowly, she sank to her knees as she tried to catch her breath.

Amelia had left her yet again.