Chapter 1

I woke up to the sound of my alarm at midnight. I quickly rolled over and turned it off before it woke anyone up. My little brother was asleep in the bed next to me and my mom was sleeping in the room next door. I felt so beyond guilty leaving Cody. So I wrote him a quick note:

Dear Cody -

I know you don't understand now, but I hope soon you will get why I am doing what I am. Im getting out of here. I am so sorry to leave you, but I promise as soon as I can, I will come back for you. I promise. Stay safe, I love you so much.

Love, Sunni

I tucked the note under my pillow next to him, kissed his forehead, crept out of my room, down the hallway, and to the living room. I found my mothers purse laying on the couch where she dropped it last night when she came home black out drunk. I opened it and dug out her wallet. I took every last dollar. I then snuck into the kitchen and took the money she had stashed in the cookie jar. I mean it's not like I am stealing, she's my mom and I need every dime I can get for LA.

I left my house an walked to the bus stop down the street. After like 10 minutes the bus came and as I climbed on I took one last look at the hell hole I used to call home.

Bus driver- So where you going little lady?

Me- Airport.

As I sat down in a seat I really thought about my situation. I am 17 years old, I am a runaway, I have $500 to my name, and one backpack full of cloths.
-------------------------------

As I boarded my plane, I thought, wow, no going back now.