Chapter 6

SAWYERS POV.

As I led Sunni up stairs to my room, I really thought... Why I am doing this? Why am I helping this runaway I just met a few hours ago? For all I know she could be a robber and a serial killer... I can't think of a rational reason for helping her, other then I care about her. I don't even know why but I just get this feeling when she looks at me and were together, like she's the missing piece of my puzzle.

Wow, that sounds really cheesy.

I led her into my room.

Sawyer- The bathroom is right through that door, do you want a shower?

Sunni- *Nods*

Sawyer- Uh, okay, I will be down stairs if you need anything.

Sunni- Okay

I turn to leave, but she calls after me.

Sunni- Sawyer?

Sawyer- Yeah?

Sunni- Thank you.

I smile then salute to her as a walk out, closing the door behind me.

I enter the living room again. Joey is glaring at me from the couch

Joey- Sawyer, what are you doing with her? She seemed like a decent girl.

Sawyer- What? She's going to stay with us for the night.

Joey- Wow, what's new? A girl sleeping in Sawyers bed.

I glared at him.

Sawyer- She's not like the other girls.

Joey raised his eyebrows.

Joey- How so?

Sawyer- I care about her.

Joey- Hmmm.

Sawyer- I saved her... She was going to be raped by this creep down an alley after she got off work.

Joey- Why were you there after she got off work?

Sawyer- Well I was going to talk to her again, I don't know.... I really felt a connection.

Joey- Hmmm and why us she here?

Sawyer- She's a runaway and she has no where else to go. I didn't want her on the streets.

Joey- Well then, good, I'm glad she's here.

It may seem like me and Joey hate eachother, but were really best friends, were always there for each other.