Legends

It has been a few months since I found my family. They have trained me in their ways and I picked up very fast. The event in which my body will go through excruciating pain and maintain only one fire color has already passed. I was left with red, with a tint of orange. Though Grandma said I was the only in the family for generations to have possessed the element of fire. My mother had air, my father had water. Lilly has earth and water, which goes to wood, and Zack has water and air which goes to ice. Rin and Haru both have water. Grandma says she has air as well. "(Y/n)!!!" I turned to see Rin running towards me with her brother Haru behind her.

"Grandma says she has something to tell you!!" Rin said smiling.

"I was about to go to the movies though..." I sighed and followed Rin to meet grandma.

Lilly and Zack were out on jobs so it was only us 4. The twins, grandmother and I. Rin led me to the door then hugged me. "The 2 of us have a job, so good luck." Haru said before walking away with Rin following.

I sighed then quietly called out for grandmother. "(Y/n)? Come in." I heard and slid the door open and stepping inside.

Grandmother was reading a book and having her tea. "Rin said you needed me." I said.

"Yes.. I believe you should hear the legend of the fire attribute that few ninjas have." Grandma said and passed me a red scroll.

"This is..." I said looking at her.

"You see that seal?" She asked and I nodded. "It's an ancient seal. That scroll is one of 4. It belongs to the 4 first and original ninja clans. We are the descendants of the Phoenix clan. The Phoenix clan was known for their strong fire abilities. Some of our abilities surpassed even the ones in the dragon clan. The dragon clans main attribute was air, the turtle signified water, the tiger was earth, and we were fire." Grandmother said.

"Then, what happened?" I asked.

"Over time, our people would marry other people, either from different clans, or just regular civilians. As time went on, the fire attribute became rare, almost nonexistent. The scroll you have now, inside is a being only the people with fire attribute can control."

"A being?" I asked confused.

"Yes, a Phoenix. It is to become your guide, your friend, and part of you. When you are ready, the scrolls seal will burn and you can meet your Phoenix." Grandmother said.

"T..this doesn't seem real.." I whispered.

"It is." I looked up and grandmother was smiling. I smiled and bowed to grandmother.

"Thank you for explaining this to me." I said then I thought of a question. "Grandmother?" I asked.

"Yes dear?" She asked.

"Why is it that Zack and Lily have more than one element?" I asked.

"Ahh, they have it in their blood." Grandmother explained. "The ice and wood attribute is an element that appeared in ninjas over time. 2 attributes coming together to make one." She said.

"Can I learn more than one?" I asked.

"It is possible, but the element that is most compatible to yours, would be lightning." She said.

"Lightning? Wouldn't something like air be more compatible?" I asked.

"Yes, it would. You can learn that as well, but that is a different element all together." She said and took a sip of tea. "Fire is a state, process, or instance of combustion in which fuel or other material is ignited and combined with oxygen, giving off light (same as the glow of lightning), heat, and flame. While lightning is brilliant electric (creates light) spark (fire) discharge in the atmosphere, occurring within a thundercloud, between clouds, or between a cloud and the ground. Both fire and lightning are linked due to the flow of energy. Fire, when has no fuel, ceases to exist. While at the same time, lightning appears for seconds." She explains.

"I'm still not understanding..." I said laughing nervously.

Grandmother sighed and looked at me, "basically... plasma." She said. "Plasma is gasses, fire is made up of gasses. Lightning is directed plasma." (Idk I'm guessing this might be wrong)

"I see.." I nodded kind of wrapping my head around it. "Soo.... when can I start?" I asked smiling.

"As soon as you finish the movie you're watching today." Grandmother smiled at me.

I smiled and bowed. "Thank you grandmother!" I grabbed the red Phoenix scroll and ran to my room, hiding the scroll and going to the movies.

~timeskip~

After the movie, I hurried back to learn my new element. When I got back to the temple, grandmother was talking with a man with golden hair with a light blue streak in it. "Ah, (Y/n)." Grandmother smiled at me. I quickly walked over and bowed to the 2. "This man is a friend. He's here to help you with your training." She smiled and then turned around. "I'll leave you to it! I have a show to watch!" She said and hurried down the hall.

"So, shall we begin?" I smiled at my teacher.

"Let's." I said as he told me the basics of lighting and some cons. The one that stood out most is, "you will have trouble with electronics, so stay away from devices until you can master the element." He said.

"How long is that?" I asked.

"Until Next Valentines day." He said.

"But today is valentines day!" I yelled.

"So no more electronics starting from now until next year." He said smiling.

"A whole... year...." I muttered and followed him like a zombie.
~~~~~~~~~~
Like? Yes? No? Maybe so?
Thoughts?