Special: Birthday

I looked at my calendar and sighed. "It's already that day.." I muttered and got dressed in my uniform before leaving my room to find Artemis and Aqualad.

"You seem bothered." I turned and it was black manta.

I bowed my head slightly, "sorry sir. Today is my important friends birthday." I said and looked back at him. "I will make sure it won't interfere in my work." I said and he nodded before leaving me alone.

"Hey." I turned to see Artemis.

"Hey." I smiled and walked with her.

"Todays the day." She said to me as we walked to Aqualads room.

"Yup." I nodded.

"Miss him?" She asked.

"Miss yours?" I fired back.

"Touché" she smirked before we knocked on Aqualad's door.

"Come in." We heard from within.

We both walked in and he was in his suit already. "Something wrong?" He asked us.

"It's his birthday today." I said moving my hair behind my hair.

"I see." He nodded.

"I wish I could see him." I sighed and shrugged.

"Go, we'll cover for you today." Artemis said to me.

"What?" I looked at her surprised.

"Seriously. Spend today with him." She nodded smiling.

"But thats not fair. You didn't spend your day on Wally's birthday..." I said.

"We had 5 years together. You 2 just met again this year after 5 whole years, you should spend this birthday with him." She smiled at me.

"You sure?" I looked at them both.

"Positive." Aqualad nodded. I smiled and gave them both a quick hug.

"Thank you." I turned and ran to my room to get things.

After getting some things, I left my room and found Artemis outside. She gave me a letter. "Give this to Wally for me?" She asked me quietly and I nodded.

~timeskip~

I relaxed as I casually walked down a busy street. I looked around at all the shops. "What should I buy him?" I thought as I crossed a street to a mall.

I walked around the mall the whole day, and saw a picture frame. I smiled and went to go print out a picture. 

It was quickly getting dark. I went to a shop and bought some materials. I took out my phone and quickly texted Wally, "Can you keep Dick distracted for a while, until 10?" I asked him.

"Sure, why?" he asked.

"Meet me at Helen's Bakery?" I asked and I got an ok as a response.

After about 10 minutes, he arrived. "So, you here for his birthday?" he asked me.

"Yeah, I want to make him a cake, but I want to surprise him." I said showing him the bags.

"Sure." he nodded. "How is she?" he asked me.

"This is from her." I said and passed him a note.

"Thanks, I'll get started then.." He said and walked the other way.

I made my way to Dick's house and then went into his kitchen and began to work.

After making the cake, I made a small message and put it away in the fridge. I then made some dinner. I looked at my phone, and looked up some Romanian food. "This is so complicated.." I muttered and did the things step by step.