Chapter 12 - Let It Be

Ethan's POV

Ever since I posted that picture of Ashley this number keeps sending me messages. But everytime its the number 5.... like what? I don't even understand what that's supposed to mean. I just kept it to myself. Today was Tuesday, so Grayson and I are editing the video. It was one of those boring days. "Gray, do you want to go skating tonight?" I asked as we just finished up the video. "Ya, we should drive back to New York again," he said, and I decided to walk over to Makayla's house to ask in person. And I want to ask Ashley about last night with our date, and Gray and Makayla. 

I knocked on the door and Ashley came out. She was wearing black tights with a grey fancy sweater, with little boot slippers. "Hey," she said with a smile. "Hi," a girl said, popping her head out the door. "Give me 5 private minutes please," she said, shutting the door behind her. "who's that?" I asked laughing. "My other friends from back home, they got a flight and got here before any cancelled flights. So looks like they're stuck with me," she replied laughing. "So I wanted to talk to you about a few things, first about last night," I said. "Thank you so much, I had so much fun," she said, looking deep in my eyes. "No thank you," I replied with a smile. "What else did you want to talk about?" she asked. "Right, about Gray and Makayla. I heard Gray's part of the story but I didn't hear Makayla's so I thought you and I could talk about it with you," I said. "Ya, that's fine. So she told me that she was at home by herself for a while after we left, and she said Grayson went to her door and they watched movies together. But they were drinking and she said that the last thing she remembers is them kissing on the couch. She said she doesn't even know when he went home at. But I told her that, I saw him leave her room this morning," she said. "Grays story was exactly the same but he doesn't remember them kissing," I replied. "Will this effect everything? All of our friendships, you and I?" She asked looking down at her hands. I grabbed her hand and with my other hand I tilled her chin toward my face. "Of course not, it won't effect anything," I replied. "Good," she said and hugged me, and I hugged her back. "So have you been on your phone at all this morning?" I asked, and she looked at me weird. "No, I've been helping the girls get settled in, why?" she asked and opened her door, and grabbed her phone off the front table. She shut the door and looked at her phone. "Holy crap," she said coming back toward me. She unlocked her phone and saw all the notifications on her instagram. She went to my accoun, I guess she figured I posted something, and she read it. After she was done she was tearing up, and I hugged her. "Thank you so much," she said, hugging me tighter. I pulled away and kissed her, but I felt like there were eyes on me. When we pulled away I looked behind me and saw no one. "What's wrong?" she asked trying to see what I was looking at. "I thought we were being watched its fine, anyways one more thing. So usually Gray and I drive to New York which is like 1 hour away to go skating, so we were wondering if you guys would like to go today?" I asked. "That would be so fun, I'm glad I bought skates last week," she replied and we laughed. "So in an hour we go?" I asked back. "Yup," she said, and I hugged her again and she went inside. 

Makayla's POV

I can see that Ethan walked over to come talk to Ashley. And I already have an idea of what they could be talking about. Then when she came inside she came up to my room and shut the door behind her. "We need to talk," she said sitting beside me on the bed. "Go for it," I said. "Okay so Ethan and I were talking about a few things, one what had happened yesterday. He said that Gray doesn't even remember kissing you on the couch so he was really drunk, and he feels so awful. So to get you guys talking again we are all going skating. All of us, including the other girls to so it shouldn't be too awkward at first," she said with a smile. "Alright," I said, looking down at my hands. "Don't worry you will have me and Ethan there, and we only have an hour to get ready so get going, and I'll tell the other girls," she said, and stood up, leaving my room. 

Ashley's POV

We have to find this thing that happened yesterday, theres no way it is going to mess up all of our friendships. I will do whatever I can no matter what and Ethan knows that very well. I walked downstairs to find the other girls. "Hey, how was he?" Amanda asked as I walked into the living room. "Great... were all going skating," I replied. "But we don't have skates," Chloe said. "Well were driving to New York so I'm sure you guys can go shopping while we go," I suggested. "Ewww," Chloe said. She hated shopping, she was one of those tomboys. "Then just stay home and watch movies or something," I said getting annoyied. "Done," she said and sat back on the couch. "Well were  leaving in a hour so get ready," I said, and walked up to my room to get ready myself. I put on my higher socks, and I kept my outfit on because it was cute. I curled my hair, and put on some mascara. 

Soon enough the hour went by and we all got ready to leave. Makayla and I grabbed our skates and put them in her car. There wasn't enough space in her car so I went with the boys. "See you soon," I said, and hugged her. "Yup," she replied. "Yo relax we'll deal with it," I said looking back at Ethan as he was putting his skates and Grays in their car. 

We went in the cars, I sat infront while Ethan drove and Grayson in the back. We talked about the summer that just passed, there tour and just other random stuff. "So can you skate?" Grayson asked me as we just got into New York. "Not really, I haven't been skating in a few years now," I replied, and they laughed. "Ha, don't worry, E-tee-wee-tee's got you," he said and him and I laughed but Ethan didn't. "HAHA, so funny," he said and that made Gray and I laugh even more.