Chapter 21 - Deciding

Ethan's POV
I can't believe its been about 5 years of us dating. I want to ask her to marry me!! I think it's been enough time, but what if she thinks shes not ready? Then I will be super embarrassed. Maybe I can get Gray or Makayla to see what she would think or something.

I walked over to Makayla's house.... Grayson moved in with her, and Ashley moved in with me. I knocked on the door and Gray answered. "Hey bro," he said, hugging me. "Hey," I replied, and he invited me in. "I've gotta talk to you and Makayla," I said, and we sat on the couch. "Go for it," Makayla said, both of them giving me their full attention. "Okay, so I want to ask Ashley to marry me, but I don't know if she is ready, or if she doesn't want to," I said, and Makayla got super excited. "She will say yes," Makayla said, like she knew something that I didn't. "And how do you know that?" I asked confused. "We.... uhh..... may have had a conversation about it before," she said really fast. "Oh," Grayson and I said at the same time. Well that's perfect, she does want to marry me!

I went out right after that, I need to talk her today, and I'm going to take her to the beach where we first had our date. The winter just ended so its perfect weather to spend the day outside at the beach then when the sun goes down, I will ask her.

Ashley's POV

I went in the washroom for about 5 minutes and Ethan was gone when I came out right after. I'm guessing he went to Makayla's house, so I guess ill just walk over. I knocked on the door and Makayla answered. "Heyy girl," she said, super happy. Heyy girl? What was up with her? "Hi," i said, confused. And she let me in. "So whats up?" She asked, walking into the kitchen, and I followed her. "I was wondering where Ethan was cause he isn't at home?" I asked, and sat down at the kitchen table while she made sandwiches. "He went out with Gray. They want to go to the beach so im making sandwiches and they're out grabbing some stuff," she said, and I stood up. "GOSH, let me help you," i said. "Of course not," she replied, what was her deal today? Then her daughter Stacey came out of her room. She was the cutest, and i love children so much! "AUNTIE ASHLEY!" She yelled with so much excitement and gave me a hug. "Hey babygirl," i replied. "Come play with me!!" She said, and pulled me to her room. Makayla just laughed.

After about an hour of playing with her, the boys were finally back. "Ethan," i said, walking into the kitchen. "Hey babe," he said, with the biggest smile ever. "Where have you been?" I asked as he pulled away. It's been hours since I saw him this morning.

We went to go get ready and packed our things. Finally we were at the beach, and we unpacked. We spent the whole day in the water and now I'm about to go get changed.

Ethan's POV
Now was the time, I can't wait to ask her! She came back and she came toward me. I went on my knees and she covered her mouth with her hands, and started to tear up. "Ashley Becca Robertson, you make me so happy, and I really want to spend the rest of my life with you..... will you marry me?" I said. "OF COURSE, YES YES YES!!" She screamed hugging me tight.