Part 3

(Angela's POV)

"Phew, it's kinda hot here dont'cha think?" Priscilla fanned her face with her hands as she got out from the airport.

I walked beside her with my suitcase behind me. The climate was too hot to handle, so I went on wearing a white short-sleeved cotton shirt with a pair of loose pants and light coloured flats. I don't care much about my appearance since it doesn't matter to anyone, as long as you're comfortable with what you wearing.

"He should be here waiting for us." Priscilla squinted her eyes to look for the person that should pick them up at the airport. Then, a man in white robe-looking clothes was holding out a sign that wrote: 'Dr. Angela & Ms. Priscilla' was seen from the crowd.

I raised my hand and waved at the particular man to get his attention and it worked. His eyes turned to look at me and his face brightened with a smile from his mouth. We came towards the particular man hastily as we tried to walk past through the heavy crowd. When we reached him, he greeted us and went to escort us to his van without hesitation. He told us to take a seat and wait until he finished putting our luggage at the back of the van. I sat at the passenger seat beside the driver while Priscilla sat at the back. With a sound of a loud 'thump', he appeared and opened the car door.

"We're happy to have you here, doctor. Welcome to Saudi Arabia." The voice of the man came out rough and loud, but welcoming at the same time.

"Thank you for the hospitality. We'll do the best we can to help your people." I replied.

"I believe that both of you would do well." He said.

The engine roared violently before he stepped on the gas pedal to start our journey. I looked outside to see what Arabia has to offer. It was mostly sand obviously, and the buildings were very simple yet it holds its own beauty. We passed by a small neighbourhood where we could see the people doing their daily basis.

Some children were running around playing with a red ball in their own space. Cheerful laughter was heard from them and I could see some of them were smiling. A woman with a scarf over her head was sitting with an another woman, talking to each other while watching over the children not far from there. Although the scorching sun was letting out its golden rays at maximum heat, the children didn't mind. Then my eyes caught a place filled with people, shouting all over the place trying to get attention. It was a bazaar, selling goods from their stalls along the path. I heard that the place sells nice jewellery.

"This place is really wonderful." I spoke.

"I'm glad that you like it already, but be careful; this place is filled with thieves, so best you hide your money well." He warned.

"Thieves!?" Priscilla went front between me and the man and looked at the man with wide eyes and shock in her tone.

"Yes. The thieves here are very slick. You don't even realize that they were already putting their hands in your pocket! So best put your wallet where you can see them."

It wasn't long until we reached a building. He parked in front of it and got out to get our luggage. I got out from the van and then took a good look at the hotel. It wasn't much, looked like an apartment, but the lobby was a bit fancy than any apartment would have. Priscilla followed me behind and copied my actions with the awe look clearly seen on her expression. The man came to our side with our luggage in hand.

"Here's your luggage. Enjoy your stay here. Hope we meet again in the future." He handed our bags and we thanked him before he went to his van and took his leave.

We both entered the hotel and saw the receptionist doing her work behind the wooden counter. The walls were painted white. There is a small flat screen TV at the corner, black leather seats arranged near the wooden coffee table and a carpet underneath them. A few paintings are hanging at the wall and tall vases were placed at suitable spots made the room look a bit bigger. I walked towards the receptionist, who covered her head with a light coloured scarf and she turned towards me, acknowledged my presence.