Part 20

She woke up frantically with ragged breaths and sweat all over. Tears formed in her eyes, she couldn't believe that she was getting a new nightmare, worse. The incident of that night repeated countless times until she couldn't even sleep. The dark eyes of the man, smirking at her as he loomed dangerously above her. She shook her head, trying to forget the horrifying day. But every time she tried to forget it, it came back. She needed someone, but who can help her?

She needed to think of other things; things that are not depressing. Once again her stomach begged her for food, breakfast wasn't serve yet, so she'd better wait. Well that was easy to divert her mind to something else.

Her eyes scrutinized her to surroundings, looking at the drawings etched on every wall, which actually helped her to calm down. She looked at his drawings, still questionable to her eyes. One thing she did know was, he can't be an artist, that's for sure. But then suddenly her drifted back to last night. What made him suddenly leave without any warning? Was it something she said? She hoped not.

The door opened once more, and she had already expected who it was. Reaper came in with a tray and walked towards her. He looked a bit surprised.

"You're up early." He retorted. She sat up properly and hugged her knees while looking at his masked face, a bit sullen in her eyes.

"Not tired, is all." She replied. He placed the tray down alongside with him, sitting down in front of her. She examined the tray to look at her breakfast : A ham sandwich and of course, a bottled water; but that'll do.

He watched her took the sandwich into her hands and unwrapped it before she took a huge bite on it. She had got quite an appetite. She was enjoying her meal, but that didn't make her to not realize that he was watching her every single movement, which made her uncomfortable. She gulped down the food and looked down.

"Uumm... Reaper?" She spoke. He answered her with a loud 'hum'.

"C-Could you not stare at me like that?" She replied bashfully. He just made a soft 'oh' before he looked away from her, leaving the doctor to eat with ease.

She slowly ate the sandwich in her hands, until it was long gone. She then took the bottle and tried opening it, but it was tough. That's odd; usually she would open it easily, but this one was a bit tight. She struggled with the bottle, and it was too obvious for Reaper to not see it. He reached out a hand to her, offering himself to help with the troublesome bottle. Angela saw his will to help, so she only looked down as she gave the bottle to him, too embarrassed to look at his face.

With a quick twist, the bottle was opened in a few seconds. He gave the bottle back to her, which she accepted it and started to drink the water. Letting out a soft satisfied sigh, she closed the bottle and set it down on the floor right beside her. It was an awkward silence, him sitting in front of her, she looking down on the concrete floor.

It took like almost 5 minutes, until she took a peek at him, his head was supported by his hand which his elbow stood on his lap. He was trying so hard to keep himself up. He looked tired. Did he stayed up last night?

She wanted to talk to him, she wanted to start a conversation with him. She thought of asking him some more questions, but she knew now was not the right time to do that. He was capable of flipping out if she took a wrong step, and their trust would be severed, and she didn't want that. She thought of something else to break the silence, thinking what would be the best thing to talk about. Then an idea came to mind.

"Hey..." she broke the silence, he responded to her with an another audible hum.

"You can ask me a question. As long as it doesn't relate to the research or the Overwatch members. I wouldn't mind." She continued, that caught his attention.