Part 12

Angela almost scampered herself away from the dark figure looming over her. She quickly got up from her fall and went to the opposite way, trying to get away from him. Unfortunately, his hand was even faster than her movements due to her little injury; quickly grasping the collar of her shirt and yanked her body towards him, making her stumble backwards.

Angela grunted in pain as he quickly caught her into his arms, professionally twist her body, and the last time she knew, she was carried onto his shoulder like a potato sack. He started to stomp his way back to the interrogation room, holding her firmly with one arm to not let her escape. She squirmed under his grip, hitting his back, trying to break free from her captor; but she knew it too well that it was useless. As she saw the familiar entrance of the room that she held captive, she started thrashing her legs and arms, making him almost losing his grip. Her elbow was unintentionally hit the back of his head, making him stagger forward and losing balance, but luckily he got his footing.

That really ticked him off.

He stopped his tracks and held her hips on both sides. Then he plopped herself flat on the floor, making her bottom hurt terribly. She looked up at him with a pained look on her face from her unexpected fall, he only glared at her through the holes of his mask. She inched away from him as her face quickly scowled at him, hiding the fear inside her. His menacing steps walked closer, edging her slowly towards the end of the room until her back has met the concrete wall behind her.

"What do you want?!" She snapped at him with a bite in her tone of voice. He stopped completely right in front of her, then he knelt down on one knee so his mask was the same level to her face.

"You know what I want." He answered blankly.

"I told you before, I don't know what are you talking about!" She hissed. Reaper made her widen her eyes when she felt a sharp sting on her right cheek. She slowly lifted her hand, letting her fingers touch the heat left on her face. She could make up a few scratches, and some dripped blood.

She looked at the hand in front of her; his clawed gloves had a few hints of red at the tips of the fingers. Maybe he managed to scratch her when he slapped completely on her face. She then lifted up her chin to see the emotionless mask looking at her. His face now moved a few inches closer to hers, tilted a few degrees like an owl looking curious at a small prey.

"I'll make this clear for you..." he spoke. She only tried herself to inch away from him, though it was useless. He continued, with a deep voice that could vibrate her heart and soul with fear.

"Where's the document...For your research..?" It was loud and crystal clear through her eardrums. No repetition was required.

"I'm not going to tell you..." she spoke, like a soft whisper. Once again, Reaper slapped her at the same place, leaving a visible red colour and a few unintended scratch marks on her cheek.

"I won't stop asking until you give me an answer. Where. Is it." He warned, but he knew he would get the same answer from her.

"I won't. Tell you." She emphasized. Despite her swollen cheek from a great brute force that could make her tear, her face was still stern, unfaltered by the abuse that she was getting.

"You really had the guts to deny. Haven't death crossed your mind?" He snickered.

"As long it keeps my friends-- no, the whole world safe, then I would rather die." She spat.

"Then you already had your deathwish." He provoked. Without any warning, she spits onto his mask, right between the holes where his eyes would be. He groaned in disgust as he wiped the saliva off his mask and his other hand quickly find its way to her fragile throat, crushing her windpipes almost as easily crushing a nut. During his process of choking her, he slammed her body hard on the wall, especially on her head. She gasped for air as he slowly tightening his grip around her neck, but then her face twisted into a taunting smirk.

"That's it.... kill me..." she choked. Suddenly he knew.

She was provoking him.

So that to make him do what she wants.

This is getting nowhere, he thought. He loosened his grip on her and left her coughing on the floor. He only let out a heavy sigh and he slowly stood up. Angela carefully watched his movements as he slowly walked away from her and on his way to the door.

She sat there still, not moving any single muscle. Suddenly a loud growl broke the awkward silence between them along with the sounds of his boots and attached metal. He stopped his steps and turned around to look at her. She didn't move.

He could only see that she was leaning on the wall, hugging herself with her legs lifted up to its knees, making her look like a ball. Her eyes never left his face as she only gave him a death glare. He let out another sigh.

He turned back to the door, making his way to his exit. When he reached at the other side of the room, he pulled the metal door, leaving a creaking sound until a slam was heard. He left the room without another word.

Angela just sat there, looking at the door. Her hands hugging tight on her abdomen. Hope he didn't heard that growl coming from her stomach.
______________________________________

Reaper left the room with a grunt. He continued walking his way to the doorless entrance, only stopped halfway when finding two approaching GUARDS that were supposed to GUARD the interrogation room coming their way. He stomped his way around the wrecked table towards the two guards that was already cowered themselves from the masked man.

"You were supposed to guard the door! Where were you?!" He fisted a handful of one of the guards' collar making the man facing completely at him.

"S-sorry sir! Someone just called us! We weren't leaving on purpose!" He pleaded. Reaper only threw the man on the floor and went out of the room.

But he stopped midway in his tracks and turned to look at the other unharmed guard.

"Give her something to eat. I can't interrogate a hungry captive if they can't even think straight." He left, and the guard went speechless.