Part 31

Angela's eyes widened in horror, he froze right where he was standing; not until the doctor before him fell down onto her knees as she gripped hard on her side. He quickly held the doctor to avoid her from falling on the ground, with his hand rested at the back of her shoulders, pulling her form closer to him. He knelt down with her in his grip. She coughed up some blood, staining the black uniform that he was wearing. The color of red started to spread across her clothes, where the wound would be.

"Fuck..!" Reaper cursed under his breath. He snapped his head where the shot was fired, but he went mute as he stared for a few good seconds at the culprit.

She turned to look at the shooter, far away from them by a few good meters, and she was speechless.

"A...Amélie..?" Widowmaker's face was stern, and she wasn't happy.

"I can't let you leave, Angela. It's whether you stay, or die."

"Damn you...!" Reaper hissed at her.

"You know what you are doing, Reaper. The boss isn't going to like this." She rested her sniper on her shoulder, looking at the masked man.

"Then let him hate it.... I'm not gonna let her die here like an animal...." he snarled.

"But she already is." She sassed, but this time, there's no sign of smirking or teasing on her face.

"Because you just fucking shot her, Amélie!" He yelled. Angela felt a bit weak. Widowmaker only stared at them, emotionless.

"Because you are trying to put us both into trouble, Reaper. It wouldn't have happened if you didn't do all of this in the first place." She reasoned, and it only replied with a disapproving grunt from the grieving wraith.

She leaned on his broad chest, while he wrapped his hand securely tight at her shoulder. She looked up to see his reaction, somehow she could see that he was panicking under the mask he was wearing. He was clueless, eyes frantically looked anywhere around her to see if he could do anything to stop the bleed, but nothing came to resolve. She turned to look at the widow. A disbelief was visibly seen.

"Amélie....why...?" The sniper's attention quickly focused on the fallen doctor. She didn't utter any words, her face was still like a lifeless gargoyle.

Without warning, she aimed her rifle right towards her. Her finger slowly pulling the trigger as the rifle aimed perfectly on the doctor's forehead.

She is trying to kill Angela.

Reaper knew what was coming, smoke once again covered his body, as he pulled her closer to him. Angela was taken aback by the sudden gesture, but she was in too much pain to worry about that. Next thing she knew, another gunshot was heard, her head ached so badly like she had before; the time they were chased by the Talon soldiers.

But there was no new excruciating pain. She slowly opened her eyes, shocked to discover that she's at the other far side of the scene, away from the gunshot. Widowmaker turned her head, glaring at them with an unpleasant look. She could hear Reaper's grunts and heavy breaths above her head. It sounded like he was worn out; he was still holding her in kneeling position. Despite the staircase close behind them, they were still trapped under the fire of a skilled sniper. She felt a strong movement behind her, and the grasp on her arm tightened when she felt her body moved as well; as if she was scooped up.

Reaper now carrying her, was sharing glares with the widow. Angela only managed to rest her weak body on his chest, trying her best to breathe normally.

"You fucked this up for real this time." He growled at the widow, but she wasn't faltered from such threat.

"I should be the one saying that, Reaper." She spoke with a disapproving look.