Part 18

Her eyes struggled to open. Where is she? Last thing she remember, she was sleeping in Reaper's bed, but now she felt a bit cold. She got up and rubbed her swollen eyes, trying to see where she was. She looked around and let out a sigh.

She was back in the room.

Reaper wasn't there with her, but of course, he couldn't just stay here anytime he wanted. People would be suspicious if they saw him with her in the interrogation room the whole night.

Wait.....

What just happened last night?

She started to panic. Nothing happened between them last night, right? He didn't do anything on her did he? She tried to remember what happened, but she couldn't remember it so well.

Just get some rest. Maybe tomorrow you might find all the answers to your problems.

Her face frowned. That was the clearest memory that she would ever think of. He sounded so like Gabriel. She couldn't convince herself if they were different people. They were like twins, but different at the same time.

Was it just coincidence? Are they two different man with the same personality? Or was it just only one same man?

More questions came flooding into her mind, yet so little answers. She realized that there's a blanket covered her body. Did he just carried her all the way back here last night? Maybe. Who would've have done that if it wasn't him, right? Her stomach started to growl, she was hungry. She doubt there would be food, but she spoke too soon.

The same silver tray was nearby, with a wrapped egg sandwich and a bottled water. Her favorite quick breakfast. Once again, Reaper surprised her. He didn't even answer her question last night, though. Sometimes, she even had a thought that he was a stalker, because he knew her too much. But there's a chance that he really knew her back in the days, and it would be possible that she actually knew him as much as he is to her. She crawled her way towards the tray and took the sandwich into her hands. She unwrapped the food and took a bite on the sandwich. It was scrumptious, she would say. She finished her meal and took the bottled water. As she was drinking from the bottle, a distant conversation caught her attention.

She looked at the closed metal door, a bit curious with what's happening outside. It sounded like someone was bickering, she thought. She knew it was rude to eavesdrop, but curiosity killed the cat. It won't hurt to at least hear a little gossip, now wouldn't it? She slowly crawled towards the door, putting her ear on the cold surface. The argument started to get louder until it was clear to hear. Almost like the arguing people were just beside her, divided by the door between them.

"We had a deal!" The sound of a man spoke in a serious tone, not to mention his voice was deep. The way he speaks was almost like he had an accent, sounded so foreign, she thought.

"And the deal was broken." A woman replied. She sounded familiar.

"I do as you told me to, how can it possibly be denied?!" The man started to raise his voice, the woman tsked at him.

"Our deal was about YOU getting the doctor by yourself. But since I'm the one who took her out, so the deal is off." She spoke as-a-matter-of-factly. The way she manipulated the deal amused Angela. She wondered what deal were they talking about.

"You are one foul woman. You'll deserve the consequences!" He spatted. She only replied him with an another 'tsk'.

"C'mon, amigo. Chillax... I'm sure he's okay. All I did was a little bit of hacking."

"Leave him out of this! He had done nothing wrong!"

"Why are you so worked up about it? I thought you hate him; or do you actually admit that he's your dead brother?" She mused. Angela could hear a 'tch' from the man, and silence came in.