~Chapter One~

(A/N): Hey! I originally wrote this fic on my Quotev page, but decided to put it up on here, too! Enjoy! <3

  Andy and Joe were waiting for me outside the front building. Early as usual. It was spring, and the tree's had just started to turn shades of cherry blossom pink. It blended beautifully with the cloudless light blue sky, the sun large and playful, making for a super aesthetic background for any special photo.

The time was 7:42AM. We always arrived early on Wednesday mornings for band practice, especially since in six weeks was our big music exam.

We had to compose our own piece, either individually, or in groups. My band was good, but we still needed a (FUCKING DRUMMER!... i had too.) goddamn guitarist and lead vocalist, since i'm not the greatest singer in the world, and i'm the bassist.

I walked up to them with a lazy smile on my face. "Hey," i said.
"Hey," they replied, walking inside the building and gesturing for me to follow them to the Music Department.

We were working on a song which was still untitled, and didn't have any lyrics yet as we were piecing it together. It did have a pretty fucking sweet bass line too, which i was excited for when we had to perform it in front of our year.

Andy and Joe, however, were clearly waiting for me to come up with some lyrics. When they said this i replied with a "Art takes time dude," and grinned. Joe was not very amused, to say the least. "Seriously though, Pete, you are going to make this your number one priority right now, aren't you? It means so much to all of us and if you mess up, so fucking help me..." Joe said punching me lightly on the the arm. "Chill, dude. We've got six weeks. That's enough time to come up with a decent tune." I said, biting my lip. They thankfully didn't notice this.

Andy smiles and starts smashing randomly on the drums, which actually sounded pretty good.
"Whoa, whoa, Andy, that sounded awesome! Do you remember what you just played? We could totally use that in the song!" I said, excitement in my eyes.

Andy hit the drums again, and again, and again, as to memorize what he had just done. He told me to get him a pen and a piece of paper so he could write it down just in case he did forget it.

Pretty soon, the bell for period one went off and Andy left to go to Tech, and myself and Joe headed for science, where we would be apparently disecting frogs. Lovely. Joe didn't like it, but didn't protest. We walked towards the door to the science lab in silence, slowly bracing ourselves for what was about to come.

After and hour of Joe sort of gagging, ad forcing himself not to look away from the damned frog that was in front of us, the bell that signalled period one was over sounded. Thank fuck.

Second period was English. Joe nor Andy was in this class with me. I think my friends Kellin, Vic, and Haley are though, they're pretty fun. Should lighten up the class seeing as we're reading Shakespeare out loud.

Our new teacher for the semester was apparently strict, and made us sit in the assigned seats. As i approached the door the teacher, Mr. McCurdy, stopped me and allocated me to the correct seat.
I nodded, walked towards the seat and sat down. The seat next to mine was empty. As Mr. McCurdy took the register, i doodled quietly on an old sheet of paper i found in my bag when everybody else made talk and gossiped. He began his lecture, and i was out, my mind wandering off somewhere else.

However, a couple of minutes into the lecture, a blonde boy wearing a fedora walked in, looking slightly pink in the face. I don't think i'd ever seen him before. He was medium length, and wore an oversized grey t-shirt, big hipster-style glasses with thick frames, black skinny jeans, and Black Converse. He looked cute yet casual.