Chapter 3: Long Gone

Brielle's P.O.V.

I trudged home, tears still streaming down my face. That stupid boy, Niall, I think his name was, he ruined everything. I was supposed to die. I wasn't supposed to tell a complete stranger all of my secrets. I especially wasn't supposed to cry in front of him. And the strange thing is, I felt comforted around him. He made me feel better. I don't know who he was, but for five minutes, he made me feel special. Oh there we go Brielle, I thought to myself. Go all crazy teenage girl. That's just great.

I unlocked my door and walked in. My mom was sitting at the kitchen table. When I walked in, she started and blinked at me.

"Brielle, what are you doing here?" she asked.

"I live here," I replied shortly.

My mom blinked. "But..."

Something inside me snapped. "But what mom, what?"

Mom just looked at me.

"Mom?"

She just looked at me.

"Mom, you're scaring me," I said, now concerned.

"Where you that angry when you killed your brother?" she whispered.

Now it's my turn to blink. "You honestly believe I killed my brother?"

Mom shrugs. "Well, all the evidence points to you."

"What evidence?!" I cried. "All that they know is that I fought with James, went on a walk and came back and he was dead! That doesn't prove anything!"

"It's highly suspicious," my mother said stubbornly.

"It's highly suspicious," I mocked her, breathing hard. "Oh come on mom, why would I kill James? He was my brother. I loved him. He was the only one who understood me."

My mom shook her head. "Then why did you kill him?"

"I didn't kill him!" I cried. "And you don't know how m-much it h-hurts!" my anger gave way to tears and that's when my mother finally started looking concerned.

"Are you okay, Bri?" she asked.

"D-don't call me that," I hiccupped, trying to stop crying. "I am not okay. Would you be okay if your mother called you a murderer? I didn't kill him! I d-don't understand w-why you think that I d-d-did this! All I did was t-take a walk! Why c-c-can't you understand that?"

I turned on my heel and ran up to my room, burying my face in my hands. Within ten seconds they were soaked. As soon as I collapsed on my bed, I dug around in my bag looking for my diary. It wasn't there. I sat up and dumped my bag on my bed. I searched through everything and it wasn't there. I immediately thought back. I left it on the ground by the bridge because I dropped it.

I ran out the door and to the bridge. When I got there, I had a stitch in my side. I haven't had to run in so long, my ribs were hurting. I searched the ground for it. It wasn't there. I searched the whole bridge and the two streets by it. I still couldn't find it. I collapsed on the ground by the bridge, hyperventilating. What was I going to do without my diary? How could I have lost it? I made sure to always have it with me! Who could have taken it? Then I remembered the boy I met here, Niall. He must have taken it. I had no idea who he was or where he was from. Crap.

_______________________________________________________________________________

So whatcha think? I know it's short, probably sucks but hey, I'm updating right?How bout that drama, yeah? Niall has the diary, Brielle knows he has it... what's gonna happen? only I know!

Oh, and fair warning next chappy may or may not be funny. :)