Chapter 15: Month

Brielle's P.O.V.

I was sitting between Niall's legs, watching the football game. He was fiddling with my hair, but I really didn't mind. Earlier, Niall had called and invited me over, saying that Derby was playing and that the boys were coming over and Harry was bringing his new girlfriend. I didn't really want to, but it was Niall. He doesn't take no for an answer, so here I am.

"Guys?" I heard Harry yell.

"In here," Niall called absently, pulling a tangle out of my hair.

Harry burst in, dragging a pretty girl behind him. He stood in front us, beaming, his dimples showing. The girl looked kind of awkward. She was really pretty, with shoulder length dark hair and brown eyes. She looked Philippino, and compared to Harry, she was short. I mean, I was probably only a couple inches taller than her, but Harry was like 6 feet tall. Strangely enough, they suited each other.

"This," he said, "Is Lacey."

"Hi," I said, standing up and smiling.

"Hi," Lacey said, smiling slightly.

Just because I was miserable didn't mean that I was going to be mean. "Hi," I said, stretching out my hand. "I'm Brielle."

I looked pointedly at Niall. "I'm Niall," he said.

Lacey shook my hand. "Nice to meet you," she said.

"Let's leave the men to their stuff, and let's talk about girl stuff," I dragged her into the kitchen while the boys yelled at the TV.

"So," I said. "How did you and Harry meet?"

Lacey grinned. "It was really cliché, actually. I was buying coffee at Starbucks and he ran in to me. He helped me clean up, thought I was cute, asked for my number and asked me out."

"Awwwwww," I cooed. "Its like a romance movie!"

Lacey smiled at her hands. "He's really sweet," she admitted. "I thought he would be stuck up, being a celebrity and all."

"The boys are really laid back," I said. "They just like football and singing."

We talked for a while, just about random stuff. All of a sudden I heard Niall and Harry yelling from the living room. I walked in, holding a bowl of popcorn.

"What's wrong?" I asked, munching.

"The idiots just let them score! Start playing football!" Niall yelled at the TV.

I rolled my eyes and sat on the couch. Niall looked at my popcorn, begging with his eyes. I sighed and slid it over, knowing that I probably wouldn't get it back. Niall caught my eye and patted his lap. I shook my head. He frowned, then reached over and pulled me onto his lap.I tried to get free, but he wrapped his arms around my waist.

Harry smiled, then got a devious glint in his eye. He reached out and pulled Lacey onto his lap. She squealed as she collapsed on his lap. She wriggled around before relaxing. Harry whispered in her ear as she watched the game. Niall got angry and shouted at the TV, blasting in my ear.

"Ow," I winced, putting a hand to my ear.

"Sorry," Niall said."Here, I'll kiss it better."

Niall kissed my ear and I giggled and he blew air into it.

"You two are so cute," Lacey said, smiling at us. "How long have you two been together?"

My eyes widened and I choked on my own spit. Niall, who was drinking from his beer, spit it over the back of my head.