Chapter 28: Gone

...A COUPLE WEEKS LATER…

Niall’s P.O.V.

I pulled on some jeans and as I was finding a T-shirt, my phone rang. I answered it hastily, as Brielle was still sleeping.

“What?” I asked.

“Hey mate, it’s Zayn,” Zayn said.

“Oh hey,” I said, switching my phone to my other ear. “What’s up?”

“Its vas happenin,” Zayn corrected.

“It’s 2014,” I retorted.

Zayn laughed. “I know, I just wanted to say it.”

“You know if the fans heard you say that, they wouldn’t let you hear the end of it,” I said.

It was quiet for a while.

“So, we have to go to the studio today,” Zayn said.

“Okay,” I said. “Recording some new songs?”

“Writing, I think,” Zayn said. “See you there?”

“Yeah, I’m getting ready now,” I answered. “Bye.”

“Bye,” Zayn hung up.

I pulled on my T-shirt and grabbed a snapback to cover my messy hair. I found a slip of paper and scribbled a note on it, leaving it where I know Brielle will find it before running out the door.

Brielle’s P.O.V.

I stretched and moaned as I opened my eyes slowly.  Light streamed in my window, making me scrunch my eyes together.  I counted to five before opening them again.  The light was now bearable so I got out of bed. I walked to the kitchen, my hunger making me look for some food.

I saw a note and grabbed it, seeing as I couldn’t find Niall anywhere.

Hey Bri, I got called down to the studio; I’ll be home around two. Love you! –Niall.

I smiled at his note. Niall had been telling me he loved me every day since that day when he first told me. He didn’t expect me to say it back, but he said it anyway, to let me know how he felt.  I was trying to figure out if I did love him, so I could answer him when he said it.

I took the note and an apple and went back to our room. I dug out my diary and put the note in between a couple pages. I’d kept every note that Niall had ever left me.  I smiled as I found one.

You’re so cute when you’re sleeping. I’ll be gone when you wake up, interview today. Love you babe, see you soon. –Niall

I remember that one. It was the first time Niall had left when I was sleeping, so I had a mini-panic attack when he wasn’t in the house. Luckily, I saw this paper before I called him, which would have been awkward since he was in the middle of an interview. I read another one.

You’re beautiful, don’t put on the makeup. You know how I don’t like it. Love you. –Niall

This one I liked the most. Niall had put it on the bathroom mirror when I was in the shower getting ready to go to work. He hated that I wore makeup, so he kept telling me to stop wearing it. I’d found myself wearing less and less, but I still wore makeup when I went out, just not as much when I was at home.

Hey babe, sorry to leave you home alone again, but Simon wants to talk to us about the new tour, I’ll see you later. Don’t miss me too much ;) love ya. –Niall

This was one of the longer ones. Niall usually just left me small notes, telling me where he was. I never told him, but I really liked his notes. He never mentioned them, but I think that he knows that I keep them.  I read a few more, all of them making me smile.