Chapter 5

Skye

For the past few weeks me and Abel and the squad where getting closer. We hang out more often. And I'm starting to like their company, a lot.

Today I decided I'm going to the studio, by myself, to record my music. I booked an appointment with Abel's producer and I'm on my way there.

Recording music is way out of my comfort zone. I want to see how well it goes and if I can potentially build a career out of it.

I arrive at the studio. Before entering the booth, I smoked a blunt to calm me down and to get me in my zone and my feelings.

The DJ had some background tracks ready for me. So I begin singing.

There's no one inside
But you're free to relax
If you commit to this ride
There's no turning back
You've been here before
Remember these sheets
This world's not for us
It's not what it seems

I finished off. This song meant the world to me. I written a lot of songs for myself but no song has ever got me feeling the way this one was. I worked hard on this track. And I'm happy at how the producer picked out the background music for it. I worked well with him. He made the song complete. It had a dark theme to it and made you remember who the hell you are. I don't know, I just love it.

I exit the booth, only to see the whole squad and Abel sitting there amazed. I instantly got compliments thrown at me.

"Skye that was amazing" Hy said.

"I absolutely loved it" Abel said.

"Who would of thought you have so much talent" Stix said

"Should I get you signed" Cash said jokingly.

"Er, it was ight" Hawk jokingly said.

"Thank you guys. And Hawk, fuck yourself" I said and the whole room filled with laughter.

"Anyways, Skye, it's my turn with the booth. So scoot" he jokes. Walking past me getting ready for the booth.

"Y'all, im going to get icecream, who's coming" I ask.

Lamar got up. And smiled, I smiled back.

"Yoooo, that's Abel's girl. Sit your ass down" Hawk says.

"It's just ice cream, we'll be back" I say.

We both leave and head to the ice cream shop around the corner. We both get our ice cream and sit down to enjoy.

"That song there was amazing" Lamar comments.

"You think so? It means a lot to me, and to finally record it... dream come true" I say

"You have amazing potential, why don't you build a career out of it. Cash, Abel, the boys and me would love to help you out to develop your music!" He says excitedly.

"I'll keep that in mind, Lam" I smile at him warmly.

We carry on talking for the next 15 minutes. I enjoyed our conversation, Lamar is a really cool guy. Before we leave I bought the boys ice cream.

We got to the studio and the moment we enter, everyone goes quiet and even the DJ shuts his computer off quickly.

Abel is standing there acting all innocent with a smile on his face.

"Whats going on?" I ask

"Nothing" they all say in unison.

"I can tell something is going on! Who's going to tell me" I ask again.