Chapter 10

Santa Barbara CA

Today's my big day! For everyone else, it might not be that deep but for me its huge!
The arena may not be full sized either but theres a couple of thousands of crazy fans going to watch me perform. Imagine, I fall... in front of everyone! Imagine, I fall off the stage by accident. Or someone is going to throw potatoes at me or some flashlights will fall from the ceiling and fall right on top of my head and kill-

My suicidal thoughts get interrupted.

"C'mon Skye, we rehearsed this millions of times" Abel wraps his hands around my waist from behind and lays his head on my shoulder.

"But I just have so much anxiety and I cannot deal with it." I explain.

"Come with me" he grabs me by the hand and leads me to the singular men's toilet. Our bodies are practically on top of each other because of the little amount of space.

Abel takes out a little red container and unscrews the lid. The lingering smell of marijuana hit me instantly.

"You want?" He asks raising an eyebrow, asking for consent. I nod back. I need something to cool down my nerves. I feel like I will puke, that's how nervous I am.

Abel rolls a perfect blunt. He takes his black lighter out of his back pocket and lights the blunt. He takes a good pull and passes it to me so I can mimic. 

Once we each take 2-3 good pulls we decide to leave because it's time for my performance.

We get out the toilet and instantly a big fog of smoke erupts from the cubicle. We both start waving our hands idiotically trying to clear the air.
We both burst into fits of laughter thinking about how stupid we look.

My smile instantly drops when the manager of the arena is walking towards us and I already knew why he was looking for me.

"You're on stage in 5" he says seriously and walks away. The weed numbed my nerves so I wasn't as nervous.

Me and Abel walked towards the stage entrance and peaked outside only to see a arena full of fans.

"You're going to do amazingly, you're lucky they know who you are so they won't be too surprised" Abel hugs me from behind.

He spins me around and gives me a passionate kiss. Instantly I felt better.

"You're on in 3, 2, 1..." the manager counted down. I separated from Abel and started my way onto the stage. Abel slapped my ass on my way. Cutie...

I got on stage and everything felt so surreal. And I just recall everything that the opening acts said at the Justin Bieber concert I was at a few months ago.

"How's every body feeling tonight?!" I scream through the mic. The crowd roars with screams.

"Who's excited for The Weeknd?!" I scream again, only to get a louder reaction this time.

The background music started playing of my song and I started to feel the vibe. I loved how the spotlight was so bright I could barely see the audience, I felt much more comfortable.

"Nowadays these bitches tryna catch feelings" I begun singing into the mic. The crowd was feeling my music and I absolutely loved their reactions.

I finished off my first song, and the birds part 2. Started playing so the fans went crazy.

"She said please,
Mercy me,
Mercy me,
Let me fall out of love,
Before you fuck her,
Before you fuck her" the crowd sang along which made me feel better. I knew Abel never sings this song often live, that's why it was special.