Chapter 8

Abel

It's been tough. throughout the whole night Skye has been twisting and turning in the bed, and occasionally waking up from nightmares. I haven't slept all might. It hurts me that I couldn't keep her safe.

Right now, I'm making breakfast for her. My speciality, pancakes. I added chocolate chips knowing that she loves them in her pancakes. I finish off and put the on a plate.

I feel warm hands wrap around my torso and a head laid on my back. I turned around to see Skye hug her back.

"Morning, princess" I tell her. She takes a seat at the kitchen island and awaits for her food.

I feel like this is an opportunity to get close to her.

"Enjoy, princess" I tell her as I hand her, her pancakes. I take a seat opposite her and it reminds me off the first time she ate breakfast at my house, the first time she was ever at my house. I watch her consume her pancakes, occasionally moaning in satisfaction.

"It's not good to stare at people" she says.

"I can't help it" I say as I admire her beauty. She finishes off her pancakes, I quickly grab her plate so she doesn't clean up herself. I want her to rest as much as she can.

"I'm not a baby, Abel" she rolls her eyes. She knows what I am trying to do. I feel like she is putting on the best fake smile. I know she's hurting inside, and it's okay.

"Go rest" I command her. She obeys and takes herself to the living room. I feel vibrating in my pocket and quickly take my phone out and answer the call.

"Yo, brother! What's good?" Cash asks.

"Nothing, haven't slept for the whole night, Skye kept on having night mares and stuff so yeah." I tell him honestly.

"That's bad, god bless her soul. She must be so traumatised."

"Yeah. So why you calling?" I ask, not rudely.

"Basically, you have a show on the 13th, which is in two days. In Berkeley. I was wondering if I should cancel it?"

"Oh that's tough, I can't exactly tell you. Can I tell you more closer to the date? I have to see how Skye will hold up, if she will come on tour?" I tell him.

"I totally understand, but its impossible to cancel last minute... the fans wont be able to get a refund and/or it would be hard to rebook. I tell you what, I'll call you tomorrow towards the end of the day. Have your mind up by then. Is that cool with you, boss?" He asks.

"Thank you Cash! I'll try my best to not cancel, you know I can't let my fans down! Love you bro, call me tomorrow" we say our goodbyes and I end the call.

I head to the living room to see Skye nowhere to be. I call out for her, but no reply. I start getting a bit paranoid.

Going down the corridor from the living room. I hear a piano playing and a angelic voice singing. I enter my music room, to see Skye in her own world, giving a full performance.

"Cause all I see are wings, I can see your wings
But I know what I am and the life I live, yeah, the life I live
And even though I sin, we all want to live
But I know time will tell if we're meant for this
Yeah if we're meant for this"

She sang beautifully and played the piano wonderfully.

I took a seat next to her and that scared her and made her press the keys to hard and make a fouling sound.

"Woah you scared me" she says giggling. I ignore her and continue playing the base notes for the song she was just playing. She got the hint and started playing the other notes that I couldn't remember.