Chapter 13

Skye
My eyes feel so heavy. Trying to open them was too hard for me. I don't know what's going on but it's like I'm in a deep sleep but I can hear everything around me.

I try to move my fingers and toes. This was all so extremely hard for me to do.

Finally, my eyes open. Slowly, but surely. I start slowly looking around. And all I can see and hear is a white ceiling and a continuous beeping noise... Almost like a heartbeat beat.

"Skye" I hear a voice say.

"Skye, look at me" the voice says again. I slowly turn to face where the voice was coming from and to my surprise it was Abel and I was in a hospital bed.

I looked at Abel and he looked so tired. His under eye bags where very visible. His face pale and his lips were slightly chapped.

"Abel" I try to say.

"What am I doing here" I'm slowly regaining my energy.

"Oh, Skye" he says before he takes me into a heartfelt and meaningful, bear hug.

"One second babe, let me call the doctor" he says and quickly runs out of the hospital room to get a doctor.

My head hurt so much right now and my body felt weak.

"Miss.Lopez!" The doctor walks in smiling, Abel following after him.

"We're so happy to have you back" he continues.

"Wait? What happened?" I say. I'm so confused as to why I'm here.

"Miss.Lopez, you have been unconscious. Previously you had a very dangerous and sudden panic attack that put you in this state, unfortunately. However, it seems to me that you have recovered and regained your energy." He says happily. Abel was standing be my side, he had the biggest smile on his face. I slowly started to remember everything that happened.

"How long have I been in this coma-unconscious thing?" I ask.

"Only 22 hours. This is more or less like you where unconscious than a coma. Fortunately, you seem to look great and have a perfect heart beat and all your test results seem to perfect. Since this is the case, I have decided that you are allowed to leave the hospital at any point. All you have to do is sign these papers please." He handed me a clip board and a pen. I signed the papers and handed the doctor the clipboard back.

"Thank you, doctor. I appreciate everything" I say, trying to smile.

"Now, Miss.Lopez. I will leave you to get dressed and get ready and I'll need you to sign out at the desk, here you go this is a permission slip" he hands me a paper.

"Of course, please rest. Do not force yourself to do any kind of activities if your not capable. Have as much rest as you need. Also take vitamins and calcium to fully regain your energy. No problem. Have a nice day" he smiles and leaves.

"Skye, this is amazing news" Abel says. He sits on the bed, looking down at me, grinning like a fool.

"Baby, can you please get me a bottle of water. I'm really thirsty." I plead.

"Already have it" he hands me a bottle of water, opening the cap for me.

"I'm not a baby Abel" I say, rolling my eyes.

"I'm just trying to help. Should we get ready to leave?" He asks as I sip the water.

"Yes! Please! I hate hospitals, and the smell of them. Yuk!" I say. Trying to get up but the moment I stand up I loose balance. Abel, being the hero that he is, he caught me.