Chapter Two. {NEW}

Madely's POV:

It hurts seeing my family in so much pain. All we've done is grief. Lexie tries so hard to make things feel okay, but nothing will ever be 'okay' not for a long time.

I don't know how we are going to hold it together for Bristol. She doesn't understand that they are gone, and she has to live the rest of her life without her parents.

"There's a coffee shop around the corner, wanna grab a cup?" Lexie asked, standing in the door frame. "Or we could go through a drive thru."

"Coffee is fine," I decide.

"Madely could never turn down coffee," Saige laughed giving me a light punch.

We walked out to Lexies car and got in to buckle up. I wonder what kind of coffee places they have here? Starbucks? Baxters?

"So, how long did you guys sleep?" Lexie asked, desperate for conversation.

"It was nice catching up sleep from the plane ride," Saige said.

"Ah, plane lag is a killer."

We arrived at the coffee place and unbuckled. I helped Bristol out of the car. The store was small and nearly empty. Not exactly what I would have expected.

"What would you like today ma'am?" the front man asked.

"Um, I want a french vanilla medium." Lexie says moving Saige up to the counter.

"I'll take a white cocoa with a shot of rasperry." Saige said, moving over so I could order.

"I want hot chocolate." I say and lean over to Bristol, "What do you want B?" I asked.

She looked at the man then hid her face in Saige's leg.

"She'll take the coco as well." I say laughing.

"Small or medium?" he asked

"Small, please."

Lexie pulled out her wallet to pay. I pulled out mine as well to pay for mine, Bristols and Saige's.

"Honey I will pay for you," Lexie says sweetly, smiling widely.

"You don't have to, I can."

She let out a giggle and smiled "I am your legal gardian, I have to pay for your stuff." she said.

I felt uncomfortable with the fact that someone else 'legally' owns me other than my parents.

I let her pay and we went to be seated to wait for our drinks.

"Do you like it here?" Lexie asked

"Well we haven't really seen much" I said without making eye contact, glancing down at Bristol.

"No, but from what you have seen?"

"Yea, its.. pretty," I say.

"It's alot colder than Califorinia." Saige says.

"274." I hear our number getting called. I jump up to go and get them. I walked alone up to the counter to get our things.

"Thank you sir," I say and grab the tray. I turned around and before I knew it someone had bumped into me, causing all our drinks to spill on me.

"Oh my god, I am so sorry."

I look up to see a boy much taller than I, with brown curly hair.

"It's fine," I shyly say. We look up to each other at the same time. His eyes are an emerald green. A crooked smile slid across his face. He giggles as I look back down at the coco all over me.

"Oh, well so much for this shirt." I giggle

This is so embarassing. Coffee all over me in front of this no-name guy. Great first impression on Britain, right?

He stepped closer to wipe off the coffee. "Maybe it won't be so bad after it goes through the wash?"

I sigh as we both bend down to pick up the tray and cups.

"I'm really sorry," He said with deep dimples. "Name's Harry."

"Madely." I reply

"Well I guess I'll see you around." He smiled and waved while walking backwards. As he goes to turn around, he runs into the guy mopping up coffee.

That was so awkward. Worst first impression on anyone I've ever made, ever.

"Madely are you okay?" Lexie asks putting her hand on my shoulder.

I inhale deeply and think about that question. No I am not okay.

"Yeah."

________

I just got out of the shower. I can't really get my mind off of what happened there. But now that I think about it, it was quite funny.

"How come it took you so long?" Saige asked while plopping down on her bed.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"To get back from the spill, was there a 'someone'?" she asked, sitting up.

"What?" I giggle, "There is no 'someone'," I throw my towel, from the shower, at her.

"So, that coffee clutz was cute, right?" she asks putting the towel in the hamper.

"No, he needs to learn how to not spill coffee." I say pretending to be angry with a smile fighting to appear.

"Whatever," she rolls her eyes. "Let's go to bed." she laughs.

"Okay, goodnight." I say shutting off the light and navigating my way through the darkness to my bed. After I get all settled, I start to close my eyes.

"Do you at least know his name?" Saige blurts.

"Go to sleep." I say with an agrivated voice.

"I wanna know!" She says in her whiny tone.

"Harry. His name is Harry."

"How old is he?"

"Saige, I don't know." I say sighing.

"Did he apoligize?" She asks.

"Yes."

It's silent for a moment, but I knew it was too good to last.

"Did you get his number?"

"Go to sleep." I laugh then turn over, and drift off.

***

A/N: Hey guys! Please keep a reading! I hope you enjoyed so far!

Maxi💘