T H I R T E E N

The next morning, I woke up with a headache even though I didn't drink last night. Ty's hand is cupping my boob. He's still sleep though. I don't wanna wake him by pushing him off me but I gotta go to the bathroom. I smoothly rolled him off. He started tossing and turning in his sleep so I laid there until he stopped moving. I got up and grabbed my toothbrush from my bag and stepped out of our room. I walked across the hall and into the bathroom. I peed and washed my hands then I started brushing my teeth. Eventually Peaches came in with me.

"Good morning." She said, not looking at me.

"Morning." I say after spitting the toothpaste out. "How'd you sleep?" I ask, looking at her through the mirror. She kept her head down and played with the straps of her duffel bag. I turned to face her.

"Not good." she said. I grabbed her face to make her look at me and she flinched.

"Did he do that?" I ask, examining the purple bruise on her cheek and her swollen lip. She didn't answer me. I let her face go and stormed into the room she shared with Sumo.

"Bai just drop it." She tells me, looking scared. I don't know where this courage is coming from and I pray to God that Sumo doesn't put his hands on me. I burst into the room and he was sitting on the edge of the bed with his back to the door.

"I'm sorry about last night, baby. But you got me good too.." He stood up, turned around and realized that I wasn't Peaches. "What you doing in here?" he asked me.

"Why you putting your hands on Peach?" I questioned, raising my voice a little.

"Why you in our business?" He asked.

"Because that's my best friend and you hit her. Look at her fucking face!"

"Do you not see my face?" He said pointing to the scratches and black mark underneath his eye. She did get him good, but that's bad on her part too.

"That's no excuse! Nigga you big as hell compared to her. The fuck you hitting on her for?" I asked.

"Baijha its cool." Peach said, trying to pull me from the room.

"Nah Peach, tell her why I did it. Tell her why I put my hands on you." He said.

"No! That's between us." She told him, looking like she was about to cry.

"And that nigga too. So either you tell her... or I will." He says, fists balled up. She didn't say nothing. "Dammit! You got people thinking I'm beating you for no reason and you could've killed us both!"

"What the fuck is going on in here?" Ty came to the door and put his arm around my waist protectively. Then Mille came in.

"Sumo put his hands on Peach." I said, looking at Peaches.

"Nigga why?" Ty asked. Mille held onto Peaches, and that made her tears fall down her face.

"I'm sorry Sumo. I didn't mean to." she said, breaking down.

"Fuck you and your sorries. We done!" With that said, Sumo grabbed his bag and stormed out the hotel suite.

"What did you do to him?" Ty asked the question that was running through my mind.

"I-I- gav-... Nothing. Never mind." she said and ran to the bathroom, locking the door behind her. Camille and I both rushed to the door and tried to get her to open up. I gave up. She'll talk when she's ready. I went back to the room that I shared with Tyler and he sat on the bed dialing someone's number. I'm guessing Sumo. I sat on his lap and watched him call his best friend 6 times before giving up.

"Did she tell you?" He asked me.

"No. She didn't open the door." I tell him, putting my face in his neck. "Would you ever hit me? No matter how mad I make you." I asked him. He put his hand under my chin, forcing me to look in his deep brown eyes.