F I F T E E N

My phone vibrating under my pillow woke me up. I reached for it and grabbed it and put it to my ear.

"Hello?" I answered sleepily without opening my eyes.

"Bai? Did I wake you?" Dre's voice asked.

"Yeah. What's up though?" I questioned,

"I need you to come bail me out of jail." My eyes shot open. I checked the time; 3:25 am.

"The fuck! Why you in jail?" I sat up and let my feet hit the cold floor.

"I'll tell you when I see you. You coming or nah?"

"Yeah. Gimme 20 minutes." I hung up on him and stood from the bed to stretch.

"What's the matter baby?" Tyler asks me.

"My brother in jail. I'll be back." I tell him.

"Take my house key so you can get back in the house." I told him ok and went into the bathroom to wash up and brush my teeth. I went back into the bedroom with a towel wrapped around my body and dug in my bag for something simple. I grabbed a mustard yellow Puma shirt, some black leggings and all white Nike Prestos. I took my hair from the ponytail and grabbed my car keys along with my wallet and phone and Ty's house key.

I pulled into the parking lot of the jail and got out my car. I locked it up then went into the building. I walked to the front desk and waited for the loud gum popping ignorant lady to acknowledge my presence.

"Excuse me." I said, while she was still talking on the phone. This bitch had the nerve to give me the 'wait a minute' finger. I snatched the phone from ear. "Can you tell me where I can bail my brother out?" I ask with an attitude.

"Down the hall." she replied back after popping a big bubble. I gave her back the phone and walked in the direction that she told me.

"Can I help you?" A guard at the desk asked as soon as he seen me.

"Yes I wanna bail Andre Lewis out." I tell him.

"Alright he's gonna be in holding for about 15 more minutes. His bond is 3,000$." he tells me. I dig in my wallet and hand him my black card. He swiped it then handed it back to me. "You can wait over there." He says.

"Thanks." He nodded then I went to sit down in one of the chairs in the waiting room. Pretty soon my brother came out and I stood up then he hugged me. We started walking back to the car. "What the hell did you do?" I ask him.

"Bar fight and I pulled out my gun." he says, rubbing his wrists, I'm guessing where the handcuffs were.

"Why were you fighting?" I ask, opening my door.

"Nigga was talking crazy and he didn't have my money. He lucky the police came, but he forgets that I know where he lives." he says. I pull off and drive in the direction of Steak N' Shake.

"You know you can't be doing that stuff in public bro. The feds already be watching you." I tell him.

"I know. My head has been fucked up since last night."

"Yeah, what happened after I went upstairs?"

"We were arguing then he called me a disrespectful bitch made nigga. He pushed me and I punched him in the face, it was a reflex though. He started yelling bullshit at me like, 'So you a real nigga now? You hitting yo pops?' I wasn't tryna hear nothing he had to say. So I left." I didn't ask him any more questions. Soon we pulled up to the restaurant and I treated him to a nice meal. We finished eating and I took him home.

"Stay out of trouble nigga." I tell him as he opens the door. He leans over and hugs me and I kiss his cheek.

"Let me know when you make it to Tyler house." He says.