N I N E T E E N

I finished eating breakfast with Peach. We decided to go to IHOP and have a little girl talk. After that, we went shopping. Later on, I'm going to see Braxton at the prison. I know it's probably a bad idea but what can he do to me behind bars? Plus, nobody else has gone to see him and it's been almost a month. I've been one other time and it caused a huge argument between Tyler and I. We're still kinda rocky but Bee's my best friend and I can't just let him rot away alone for something he didn't even do. Honestly, I don't even know why he's still in there. My dad's lawyer found no proof that Bee set his moms house on fire, so that means he should be free. Right? 

Anyways, Peach is looking for a dress to go with some shoes she bought yesterday. I'm not looking for anything in particular.

"Did you tell Ty you were going to see Braxton today?" She asked as she held up a white bodycon dress with black polka dots.

"Hell no. That nigga is crazy." I tell her, shaking my head.

"You guys make me so happy that I'm single." she tells me.

"Sometimes I wish I was. Especially since we moved here. I mean, he's not the same guy anymore and we barely talk like we used to."

"I think y'all moved too fast. Like you were trying to prove to yourself that you don't need Bee in your life so you found someone who gave you the attention he couldn't. But deep down inside you still feel something for Bee." she says and moves away from the rack to check out another one.

"No. I'm over him. I just want to be a good friend to him now." I say, going through the clothes on the rack.

"That's all you've ever really been to him Baijah. But he doesn't see that. He keeps sucking you back in every time you try to move on. He's going to ruin whatever you and Ty are trying to build."

"No he's not."

"Yes he is. You know how?" she asks and I shake my head. "You can't just be friends with him and you're going to see it too late. When he's on top of you, or you're on top of him. Your relationship with Ty will never be the same."

"How do you know so much about my relationship with Tyler?" I asked as we walked to the registers with a few items in our hands.

"He tells Sumo and Sumo comes to me for advice on what to say to him." she says. "Or sometimes Ty comes to me and tries to get answers from me."

"Why would he go to y'all instead of me? The person he's dating?" I asked slightly pissed at the fact that he can talk to them but barely says anything to me. Maybe we did move too fast with this relationship. As we got back in her car, my phone started ringing.

"Hello?" I answered as she pulled out the parking lot and headed home.

"Hey it's Bee. I just wanted to let you know that I'm at home now." he says.

"Ok good. I was about to be on my way to see you." I tell him.

"Good thing I called then, huh?"

"Yeah, it is."

"Listen, I was wondering if you wanted to come over and talk. I got a lot of stuff on my mind and I don't have anyone that is willing to listen." he says.

"Sure. Text me your address and I'll come after I get my car."

"Alright. See you." he says and I hang up.

"Who was that?" Peaches asked and I ignored her, knowing she was about to be on my case. "It was him wasn't it?"

"Drop it Peach, please?" she stared at me then rolled her eyes.