E I G H T E E N

Life in California can't get any better. I'm surrounded by my friends, dad and brother 24/7 just like in Ohio. My dad made Dre move here too so he could keep a close on eye on him, mainly so that he can make sure Dre stays out of trouble.

Right now, I'm playing Call of Duty with Sumo while Peaches makes dinner and Tyler's at work. He found himself a job but won't tell me where. All I know is that he's making good money, so I'm not complaining. Sumo and Peaches work for my dad and I changed my profession. I'm still doing the music thing, but I've decided not to sing. I want to do what my dad does. Produce music videos and make beats. I've been spending my whole summer in the studio learning the basics with my dad's assistant, Aaron. He's a sweetheart, but he can be a real asshole too. He gets unprofessional at times, but I continuously have to check him and put him in his place.

"We on the same team!" Sumo yells at me, not taking his eyes off the screen. I just blew him up with a grenade on accident.

"I'm sorry." I tell him and continue to press a bunch of buttons at the same time, like I really know what I'm doing. I shot at Sumo's player again with a bazooka this time and he throws his controller.

"You fucking suck." He says as he laughs.

"I'm sorry." I say again and sit the controller on the coffee table.

"It's cool ma. We'll just stick to something simple next time." he says and gets up off the couch to go into the kitchen with Peach. They're still not together. They both are now STD free though, but Sumo says that Peaches really broke his trust and his heart. I'm just glad that they can be cordial and talk to each other like normal people.

"Honey I'm home." I hear Ty's voice followed by the door closing. I got up and met him in the hallway and hugged him. I haven't seen him all day. I left early in the morning to get to the studio while he was still asleep.

"I missed you." I tell him and he kisses my lips.

"I missed you too baby. Dinner ready? A nigga starving." he says and we head to the kitchen to see Peach and Sumo fixing plates. Ty washes his hands at the sink and I wait until he's done so that I could do it too.

Finally we were all seated at the table like a happy family, eating and talking about our day.

"...and I told her ass no. Bitch was acting like she was gone do something to me." Peaches says. She's talking about one of her co workers in my dad's building. I hate that we don't work on the same floors. Peaches is a graphic designer so she creates covers and logos and shit like that for the artists. Sumo wants to be a rapper, like every other black man I've met besides Tyler. The thing is, Sumo raps about real shit and he can sing his ass off too. I hear him singing in the shower sometimes when I walk past the door. He be loud as hell.

"What about you Ty? Anything interesting happen to you today?" I ask before taking a bite of my fried chicken and looking over at him.

"Nope." he says shaking his head as he continues to eat.

"I saw the cutest pair of Jeremy Scott's today when I walked past the Adidas store. I fell in love." I say looking at Peach because she's the only one who understands my love for shoes.

"What they look like?" she asked.

"They were silver with bears on them..like actual bears. The tongue is made of bears." I tell her, trying to get her to imagine them (Multimedia).

"Aw yeah, I saw those. I want the brown ones. We should go by there tomorrow before work and get a pair." she says and I smile, letting her know that I agree.

"Hell naw man!" Sumo says. "Yall asses don't need no more shoes. Especially you, Baijah."

"I'm getting them Moe." I say sticking my tongue out.