Chapter 12

Garett’s POV

“Adam!” I called. “Wanna go out? Mall or anywhere?” I asked. We’ve been sitting here on the couch for almost half of the day without doing anything.

“I want something to eat. Let’s go! I know it’s your treat!” he said, smiling. Adam ran outside the excitedly. We just walked and walked until we stopped at a mini-restaurant, it is not fancy though. We went inside and asked the lady for a table for two then followed her.

“What do you think about our our place?” I started, while waiting for our food.

“Much better than the old one.”

“How was everybody back there? I really wanted to visit there but never had the time to do it. And my mom won’t allow me to travel with just myself”

“Still the same.” He simply said. Our food arrived and we eat quietly.

“Where do you want to go next?” glancing at him while eating.

“Anywhere will be just fine.”

After I paid the bill, we started walking again. I’ll bring him to the community park. I don’t know why there, I juts felt like I want to go there.

“So. Have you met any friend here?” he asked.

I just stare at him blankly. Adam did not bother me for an answer until we reached the park.

We sat on the swing there. Will suddenly came out to my mind. This was the first place we met. I remember everything we talked.

I saw Will at the entrance of the park. At first, I thought it was just an imagination because I was thinking of him when Adam told me, “Do you know that guy?”. That was how I know it was not my imagination.

“Come on!” I scolded. “Let’s go!”. My heart and mind said stop and talk to him but my body is not listening.

We manage to pass Will but he quickly grabbed my wrist. When he touches me, I gave this urge in my body to feel his lips on mine again. But I can’t. I can’t do it. I don’t know what was wrong with me. My knees almost fell to the ground, thanks to Adam I was still holding him. “What?!” I blurted out.

“Will you please give me some time to talk with you?”