1~Once Upon a Time

Just only ten more minutes until high school is over-for good.

Oh, you probably want me to introduce myself and blah blah blah. Yeah, I never really make first impressions. Well, my name is Shea Abby White. But for some reason, my friends like to call me 'Snow.' They said it was because my skin is so pale, and I am obsessed with winter. I think snow is the most prettiest sight ever. I live in Minnesota, which should explain my pale skin. I have wavy black hair, and hazel eyes. My life isn't that fabulous. I'm a bit of a tomboy, ha, bet you heard that in a ton of fan faction, yeah so if you try getting me into a dress, you'll probably lose a hand. I love to play soccer (football if you live in the U.K.) and I'm pretty good at it, I have been the team captain for the past four years. Oh yeah, that reminds me-

My thoughts were rudely interrupted by the bell ringing, signaling that it's time to go home. Also meaning, I am never returning to high school ever again. Most students would be happy about that, but to me, I literally scoffed at the thought a few weeks ago. It's only because of her.

'Her' is my evil step mother by the way. Yes, she's the equivalent to the ones in those sappy fairytales. She hates me only because I'm 'So much more prettier than her' meaning she's jealous of me, though she won't admit it. But why would she be jealous of me? I'm nothing much.

Okay, well, I guess you want to know the rest of my family. My mom died a few years back for some unknown reason, I just came back home one day and saw her lying on the floor. My dad, he's still alive. But he went to London, he had divorced my step mother, Pricilla, but left me in the hands of that witch.

"Snow!" I heard my nickname being called, and I turned to see my best friend, Cindy, running up to me.

"Hey, Cindy," I greet the overly too excited girl.

Cindy had been my best friend all my life. She has long blonde hair, bright blue eyes, and is very bubbly. She always dreams of me meeting my 'prince' and hopes for me to fall in love. Yeah, keeping dreaming Cinderella. Yes, I call her Cinderella, because she has pet rats, loses her shoes constantly, and has two mean older sisters.

"So what has Pricilla got you doing during the summer?" she asked, whilst chuckling.

"Actually, for the first time, she hadn't told me yet," I mumble, mostly to myself.

You see, every summer, my witch of a step mother has me working at her 'Wishing Well' company, where I have to collect all the coins from every Well her company owns. Yes, I know it's bad, but she's greedy like that.

"Oh my gosh, maybe she's already planned your death!" Cindy joked. I hope.

"Way to stay positive," I roll my eyes.

"But you have to promise me one thing,"she says, looking me dead in the eye.

I sighed. "What?"

"Try to..get a tan girl!" she exclaims.

"What? No, 'Try to fall in love'?" I mock.

"Oh yeah that too," she flashed me a cheeky smile.

"Shouldn't you go see your boyfriend, Chuck?" I hinted for her to, you know, go away and stop annoying me.

"You know you love me," she rolled her eyes, "but have a good summer."

"I'll try," I muttered under my breath.

~

You know that moment when you see something super scary, and you just make that unattractive face? Yeah, that's happened to me when I came home to see my step mother, Pricilla.