16~Set Up

"You can practically tell that your stepbrother is drooling over Eleanor," Louis rolls his eyes, trying to convince me that Eleanor and Craig are crushing on each other.

"Eleanor would have told me if she liked him," I insisted.

"So? She may not want to tell you at all. She might be keeping it to herself," he silently laughs.

"Well, why wouldn't she tell me?" I raised my eyebrow. A worried feeling washed over me.

"Snow, she was abused by her ex. I think she's doesn't trust boys yet, lye alone date them." He runs his hand through his hair, obviously trying to get through to me.

I nodded, understanding. "Yeah, I get it. I would too if I were in her shoes. Well, I kinda was in her shoes-"

"Please don't remind me," Louis interrupts. "I don't like reminders of Stan ever laying a finger on you."

I sighed. "But Eleanor can't stay single forever. And by the looks of it, Craig really likes her. And I know he wouldn't hurt her."

Louis shrugs. "Alright, alright. Why don't you go talk to El, I'll talk to your stepbrother, and we'll discuss their love lives together afterwards."

"Great idea, Lou." I smile at him and give him a kiss.

I walk into Eleanor's room and see that she is perched up on her bed, reading a book. She doesn't notice my presence until I sit besides her. She is startled for a minute, but smiled at me and puts her book down.

"Whatcha reading?" I ask curiously.

"Oh...you know. Just the best book in the history of ever," she starts to get excited, and I could tell she's getting ready to tell me the details about the "best book in the history of ever."

"Which is..." I motion for her to tell me the title.

"Oh! It's called 'The Fault in Our Stars' and it's by John Green!" she squeals.

"I heard that book is really good. What's it about?" I ask. I have to start off slowly, I'm not going to indulge in her about dating again.

"You mean you haven't read it?!" I shake my head. "Girl, what's wrong with you?"

"Lot's of things," I mumble. "So tell me about the book."

"Okay, so there's this girl named Hazel and she has cancer, and then she meets this boy named Augustus who had cancer. Then they create a love story," she breathes passionately. "I'm not telling you a lot of details because I want you to read the book yourself."

I chuckled. "Alright."

A love story. This is perfect. Now I have a perfect excuse to jump to the topic of "love." "So do you want a relationship like Hazel and Augustus?"

Eleanor lays on her back, staring up at the ceiling, and I do the same. "I don't know, I guess? I mean, I want a guy like Augustus, but I'm not sure if I'll ever get one. Boys these days are just not so...nice."

I nod. "Yeah, but not all of them. You just have to be optimistic. Don't you want to date again?"

"Snow, it's not that. I would love to date, but what about the trust? You know what Stan did-"

"Stan is just one of those billion guys in the world who doesn't shit. The possibles of meeting another guy like him is unlikely," I interrupt.

She closes her eyes. "Well, what if I do want to date and trust? There's no guy who would ever want me."

I give her an intense look. "Eleanor. Jane. Calder. You are beautiful. A lot of guys would want you."

"Really? Name one?"

"I do know one," I say under my breath. "El, just promise me that if the guy ever gives you the opportunity, please take it. And I'll make sure he won't hurt you."

She smiled lightheartedly. "I promise."

So we got somewhere. She speaks again, "Okay?"

"Okay," I respond, a little confused.

She squeals again. Somehow, I think those words meant more to her because of that book.

Louis's POV

"Sup man." I greet Craig, sitting on his bed as he makes paper planes and flies them across his room. There are a few laying on his floor.

How can people make those things? I can barely fold papers in half, perfectly aligned, let alone-

Stay focus, Louis.

"Hey Lou," he replies. "You know what I don't get?"

"What?" I asked.

"Girls," he huffed. "They can be so confusing at times."

"How so?" I questioned. This looks like this can be easier than I thought.

"Okay, so a few weeks ago, my girlfriend, well ex girlfriend now, Brooke, broke up with me, saying she wants to see other people," he explains.

"Go on," I persist.

"Well, just a few minutes ago, she texted me saying that she wanted to get back together. But you know what I think? I think she's using me because I'm now apart of royalty. But I'm not sure," he groans, exasperated.

"Do you still love her?"

"The thing is, I never did. It was only a small crush that just never bloomed. I don't know if she's using me for fame. No offense, but how do you know Snow isn't using you for fame?" he asks.

I give him a small smile. "Because she likes me for me. She doesn't care how many followers I have, she doesn't really question anything about my fame. She wants to get to know me, as just Louis Tomlinson, not Louis Tomlinson from One Direction."

He nods. "You're right. Snow wouldn't do that, she's a nice girl. All Brooke has been asking me is if the castle is big, and if I inherit any money."

"Then she's no good," I shake my head. "Do you like anybody else?"

He starts to blush. "Well, I do like Eleanor, Snow's friend. I'm not sure if she likes me back."

"Do something about it. Wait a tiny bit, then ask her out. No matter her answer, it will make your life a little bit easier," I say and he laughs.

"Thanks, man."

Snow's POV

Louis entered my room, where I was just sitting on my bed, in silence. He sits beside me, wrapping an arm around my waist a kissing me cheek.

"So how did it go?" I ask.

"Good. We had a nice chat," he replied.

"And...?" I motion for him to continue.

"He likes Eleanor," he confirms.

"And Eleanor is willing to date," I tell him.

"So we should set it up," he suggests.

"Yup," I agree.

"This is why I love you, Snow," Louis looks into my eyes. "You always think of others. You're so helpful, and I'm in love with you."

I smile. "And I'm in love with you too, Louis Tomlinson."

Sorry I haven't updated in a while! But keep reading, vote, and follow for follow! Thanks! xx