15~Oh Brother

The next morning, I woke up extra early. My father says I have to get myself all dressed up to meet my stepbrother today. Oh please don't tell me he's one of those elegant and snobby guys. Please no.

I got up out of Eleanor's bed, since we had a sleepover last night and we were having so much fun that I just fell asleep, and went my own room. I went straight into my bathroom, setting up a shower.

I scrubbed my hair with my strawberry scented shampoo and conditioner, and rubbed my body with vanilla body gel. Yep, all the cliche essentials most girls have and use. I'm one of those girls, but I don't really care.

After rinsing off and drying myself, I wrapped a towel around my bare body and went to my closet in search of an outfit. I browsed through the racks trying to find something presentable. I am one for first impressions.

Finally, I gathered up my clothes and went into the bathroom again. I put on a dark purple skater dress, and matching purple flats. I straightened my hair lightly, making it into small, lose waves. I put on mascara, eyeliner, and pink lipgloss. I brushed my teeth and chewed on gum, because I just loathe bad breath when meeting somebody new.

Eleanor was sitting on my bed when I stepped out. She was wearing a light blue floral dress with a grey cardigan over it, and black flats. "All dressed up, Snow?"

"I just like first impressions," I sighed, "do you think he'll like me? I never had a brother before."

"Me neither," she shrugs, "but if he's an asshole, we'll just hide in our rooms."

I laughed. "Okay. Let's go downstairs."

We left my room and went down the staircase. Along the way, I bumped into my dad, who wanted to have another word with me. "Yes dad?"

"Just a little known fact," he says quietly, "your stepbrother, Craig, doesn't like me."

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. "He doesn't? Why not?"

"He just doesn't like the fact that I 'replaced' his father," he sighs.

Eleanor and I walk away. I start to panic. If he doesn't like my father, he surely won't like me! Okay, I can understand that he's upset his father is apparently not in his life anymore, and that his mom remarried. But he should just get over it! It's not like my dad is an asshole! Well, I wouldn't know how my dad treats Craig, but it's probably not bad.

Sure enough, there is a boy my age standing in front of the doors. He has dark brown hair and brown eyes, looking a bit like Wanda, who was hugging him. Yep, that's Craig.

As I step in view, he eyes me. "And who are you?"

I ignore his rude behavior. "Hi, I'm your stepsister, Shea, but you can call me Snow."

He snorts. "What kinda nickname is Snow?"

I took that to offense. "Excuse me? Uh, never mind. It's nice to meet you."

"The feeling isn't mutual," he huffs, walking away.

"Craig!" Wanda shouts after him, "be nice!"

"Whatever," he replied bluntly, hauling his suitcases up the stairs.

"Snow honey, will you show him to his room?" my dad asks, finally showing up.

I inwardly groan, but I obey. I ran upstairs and followed him, leading him to the room farthest from mine. If he's going to be a jerk, I want him far away from me.

"I don't need help from you," he spits.

"You're welcome," I ignore his comment just to bug him, "and you don't have to be mean when I did absolutely nothing to you."